Twenty-nine

"Tin, be my boyfriend."

After a long deliberation and battle of his heart and mind, Can came to terms with himself and mustered the courage to ask Tin to put a label to whatever they have — come what may. It was taxing for him to second guess everything so might as well confront it. To be honest, he was afraid. The possibility of being rejected was likely. Yes, Tin might have liked him but what if he had a change of heart. It wasn't really impossible, right? Considering that Tin has a lot of options. Can is just Can. He was whiny and all. What could Tin possibly like about him? He always annoyed the latter. Moreover, he snapped at him just a while back — leaving the latter just as confused as Can. It was enough reason for Tin not to put up with him, to stop liking him. The thought didn't sit well with Can.

However, he couldn't just leave it just like that. He had to know exactly what Tin thought of them instead of caving in. And now, Can was anticipating on edge for Tin wasn't speaking for a long moment. He believed that answering a question you are certain of the answer shouldn't take you time to do so. But the fact that Tin was doing so, then he might had a change of heart. It felt like something was squeezing his heart at the thought.

There was an immediate feeling of warmth hugging his entire body as Tin's heart felt like it was dancing around his chest. Behind his slightly pursed lips was a smile just waiting to be tempted out. Can surely caught him off-guard, he didn't expect the latter to come to him and ask him to be his boyfriend — not that Tin was complaining. In fact, he was drowning in happiness.

Tin looked at Can standing and fidgeting outside his door, face draped with sweat trickling down his jaw, breaths heaving and unable to look back at him. Tin can't believe how much hold this person has on him. It was just incomprehensible. The feeling was so strange, it traversed throughout his body. It was overwhelming yet made him feel as if the emptiness in him has been filled.

"Can—"

"Can—"

Can wasn't ready yet, so he stopped Tin from whatever he was about to say. What if his answer wasn't the one he was hoping for? He would definitely feel so devastated. His insecurities were eating him so he felt the urge to sell himself even though he felt there wasn't really anything to sell with yet his taking his chances.

"Listen, " eyes on stalk at first till he dragged his gaze to lock Tin's. He regretted it for a moment for he felt like a lump in his throat was forming disabling him to utter words. "Tin, there is no advantage in dating me. I am a man. I don't have a soft long hair, and a flawless skin. I sometimes run my mouth. I annoy you. I have nothing to offer except my body.. " what the hell? That sounded so wrong in every level. Tin snorted, eyes swept Can's body, and Can wasn't sure whether to take it positively or the other way around even if so he went on..he cleared his throat awkwardly. "I-i mean my heart."

"Can—"

"No. No. " Can covered his ears, ceasing the latter to speak. "I'm not yet done. " he saw Tin's lips curved into an amused one but Can didn't want to be too hopeful. He stared at his eyes, hoping against hope to see a chance there but to no avail.

Holding Tin's hand, "Tin, I have nothing," squeezing it in his hold to send a message across. "but with me, you never have to be alone. Well, at least until you want me to, otherwise, I'll stick with you like a glue. " corner of Tin's lips perked up, and it felt like I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. "I like you. I really really really like you. Will you give me a chance? "

"Can—,"

Can anticipated for the best, but prepared himself for the worst. He could never be too confident at this. It's Tin after all.

"Tin?"

A girl's voice called Tin's name from behind him — looking past Tin over his shoulder he saw a familiar girl, donning a uniform hugging her body well. She was the girl from before.

What is she doing here?

Not wanting to assume and snap like he did a while back, Can fought back his urge to lash out. After all, he had no right. The girl approached them, and snaked her arms around Tin's and the latter seemed to be pleased by it as his grin went wider. It when Can's world began to turn upside down. The blood in his body ran dry, his palm sweating and felt agitated. 

"Babe, who is he? " she asked as she tucked the stray strands of her hair behind her ear.

It felt like the game was over before it even began. It sent a sudden pang in his chest.

Babe?

Time seemed to stand still and something heavy gripped Can's chest. His heart beats slowed.

"Sorry, wrong house. "

Can, at a slow pace, stepped back before he turned around to leave without throwing a glance at Tin. Tin called his name out but it was muffled by the sound of his heart screaming ferociously in pain silently.

"Can, you know, alcohol is not the solution right? " Tharn asked with concern as he was trying to snatch the bottle of Chang in his hand.

He found himself at their doorsteps after running away from Tin. He felt like they were the exact people who would understand him right now. However, Tharn never stopped flirting at Type in every chance he gets no matter how the latter despise him for doing pda. In Can's opinion, he did not totally detested Tharn's advances for there was an underlying affection in every hate comments he threw at the latter. So sickeningly sweet, it felt like adding insult to his already broken heart. Was it really the right decision to come here?

He chugged his beer down to its last drop before opening another one. He had been fighting for his tears not to fall. He wanted to feel numb. He wanted to get drunk and hopefully,  comes tomorrow, he'll forget it like it was just a bad dream. "You're right, but maybe it can serve as a pain killer and maybe forget."

Can exactly needed it at the moment; pain killer.

"For a moment, yes but when the effect of it subsides the problem is still there." Tharn, still trying to snatch his beer.

"Even if it's for a moment, I'll seize it. "

"But it's not the answer to your problem." Tharn again, at some point Type stood up and excuse himself to Can knows not so Tharn was left to tend to him.

"Hey Tharn, don't you know in chemistry, it says alcohol is a solution? "

Type appeared from behind him and mercilessly smack his head without a warning. "Now, you're using your smart-mouth but was speechless in front of Tin. "

Type threw a glare at his boyfriend. "Tharn.. let him drink. " sitting beside him, he dropped more bottles of beers on the table pushing it towards. "Come on, drown yourself in it. See if it's really a solution. "

Can winced in pain as he was buzzed his world turned upside down for a moment with that hit but dare not to counter. He chugged another one like it was a bottle of water and Type handed him another one. If he wasn't wallowing, he would have teased Type but he had no energy left to even fake a smile.

Can had been scraped and injured badly several times during a football game yet he didn't believe it hurt as badly as he felt at the moment. Tin being chummy with that woman and in his house? What were they doing there? Alone, together, in Tin's house. For sure, they weren't there to stare at each other. Can forced himself not to stray his thoughts even further.

He drank.

And drank.

And drank.

Until his face drop down the table, hammered, tired but his mind still full of Tin. Giving up, he let his tears fell..he just wanted to cry and cry.

Shit.

"Does loving someone suppose to hurt? "

It was the last words he whispered before he passed out. Moments later, he felt like his weight was lifted out but he was too drunk to care.

The familiar warmth from the person who did so was soothing that he leaned his head further in that person's chest.

Tin.