Nineteen

Tin, kiss me again.

It was music to Tin's ears, but even if so, he doubted if he heard him right. What if he just heard his own thoughts out loud? Of course, he wanted to kiss Can, he wouldn't be in his right mind if he'd turn him down. With permission, he would be more than delighted to oblige. He wanted to be certain. He could risk being beaten again but the pleasure of having someone do something with you especially if it's Can would be a better option, and he wouldn't want the chance to pass up.

Smirking slyly to hide how thrilled and ecstatic he was, he asked. "Did you just ask me to kiss you?" Tin was surprised he didn't tatter.

Can brows furrowed, the question never seemed to sink in yet for Can was still frigid to his spot, though his hand still cupping Tin, to the pale man's glee. Can appeared to be processing everything in his mind by the way his lips twitch, the flash of various emotions in his eyes, and the way they squint. After an almost eternity of waiting for Tin, he saw Can's face lighten like something has dawned on him, then specks of red dust appeared on his cheek, it traversed all the way to his ears.

In a blink of an eye, Can disappeared. Before Tin can stop the small guy, he ran like he was being chased by death.  He was so fast that even the flash would be embarrassed to own the title. Tin didn't know if he should run after him or laugh because he found the situation funny, Can being shy and all were too cute and too much for him to handle. On the contrary, he was certain the guy would come back. It would be futile to go after him for Can left all his belongings disorderly in his living room center table. He smirked as we he was certain, he'd have the last laugh in the end. He touched his lips once again as the memory of Can's lips on his still linger on it.

Does he think he can get away with me?

Unfortunately, Can does. Days passed, the small guy didn't make an appearance even after Tin scheduled a cleaning day for him. He made no attempt of collecting his stuff to Tin's surprised. Whenever he went to his faculty, he saw no shadows of him. He started to think that it was either the latter perfected the art of hiding or he dropped out of school. Tin doubted the chance of it being the latter was slim so he must have been hiding and he's doing one hell of a good job at it for he hasn't seen him in a while. It was draining Tin's patience. Can was avoiding him like a plague, and it didn't suit well with him.

Tin misses him.

He was losing patience so he skipped one of his class after excusing himself. In his opinion, it won't hurt to skip a class or two especially if he was doing well at it if not the best at it. His class standing won't go down and even if so, he couldn't care less. He has to chase the mouse who have been hiding from him.

He's had enough.

Heading towards the cafeteria, Can sluggishly walk behind No and Good, eyes on stalks, mood gloomy and sleepy state of mind. He wasn't able to get a good shuteye these past few days for a certain someone has been lurking on his mind, not to mention the kiss, he refused to acknowledge liking it. He seemed to be always on the lookout and it started to irritate No but chose to ignore it because it's none of his business. He was still pissed at his stupidity of aiming at their opponents' goal on their last game but did not press it any longer.

"I heard you failed the English test? " Good took his time uttering each word asking Can, tone mocking subtly.

Can docked his head down, making sure it won't stick out in the crowd, not that it would considering his height but he won't take his chances. He guided them towards the corner of the cafeteria and chose a table after checking if the coast is clear. He sighed in relief, that guy doesn't eat in the cafeteria so it is the safest common area at school for now. He was too preoccupied at keeping it lowkey to not be noticed that he hadn't heard Good. He realized he wasn't alone when a sudden hit landed on his head, his hand immediately touched the area.

"Oi!" wincing, he turned to the culprit.

It was No, he was rolling his eyes at him. Can made no attempt of getting even for he was still walking on eggshells around No for losing last time. He doesn't know how long No will hold it against him but he was certain they are still the best buddies. He just needs to let his annoyance boil down.

"I was talking to you. " Can turned to Good.

"What? "

"You failed the English test? " Can didn't like the tone Good used for it sound like he was stupid to even fail it.

Can grinned and Good knew it was the kind where Can was up to no good, "Who telled you? "

"Phan, " a classmate, Good.

"Unpossible, I passed away the test."

No chuckled, "No wonder. "

"Besides, my English teacher seemed to hate me. "

"Why? "

"One time, she asked me where is the adjective in the sentence 'I am beautiful.' I told her that it's the beautiful and she asked me again about its tense and I answered that it's definitely past tense. She went berserk like does she even want me to lie? "

No grinned from ear to ear, holding his laughter in, while Good laughed his ass out.

"I assumed you're his favorite student now. " No commented, laced with sarcasm.

"Definitely, "

Can docking his forehead down on the table, he wished he could go back and sleep but he still have a major class after an hour. He yawned and groaned his sleepiness away. Also, he might be able to fool and joke around but he couldn't take the dark clouds looming over his head. He had this uneasiness inside, it started after that night. He is blaming that someone for everything. His life used to be simple, food, friends and soccer were enough.

But now..

Now..

It wasn't.

Anymore.

Everything's seemed so complicated now. His mind says this but his heart says otherwise. He wanted to see someone but at the same time he didn't want to. He avoided someone like a plague but consciously dropping by the car park to check if his car was at his usual spot. And whenever it was there, his mind and heart surprisingly  agreed to be at ease. He hated this certain someone yet liked him, don't get him wrong, Can meant only as a friend. But when does a friendship become this complicated?

He was friends with Ae, No, Good and more but it didn't bother him like with certain someone. It wasn't as complex as it is with a certain someone.

He exhaled loud and deep.

And there was that kiss, his cheeks reddened as the memory played on his mind. Frustrated, he lifted his head up to shake it, assuming it will brush his thoughts off, only to see Tin standing by the entrance, head moved left and right.

Only to see Tin's head stopped as if he found what he was looking for.

Only to see Tin's corner of his lips, slowly perked up as their eyes met.

Only to see Tin walking towards him, still wearing a mischievous smile, taking Can's breath away.

Only to hear his heart beats unbelievably fast like it was going to explode any time soon as his eyes followed the latter.

Then it dawned on him.

Tin is not a friend.

He is not just a friend.

---
Give this poor heart of mine a comment to read? 😭