You have my what?!

To be honest, Voldemort hadn't expected a quiet summer.

He'd risen from a cauldron butt naked after his idiot servant killed a student and duelled Harry Potter in front of all the death eaters. He'd kind of expected Dumbledore to come sniffing around or release a news article or SOMETHING about how he's back and how everything must be about to go to shit. But there was only one brief mention of the Diggory boy in the paper and Barty had not escaped unscathed because whilst Potter literally said nothing about it, he had been caught on his way out. Not a damn thing. Not that its a bad thing, its very much a good thing. Just supremely odd.

He of course knows that Dumbledore is an evil mastermind of a legillimens and so the truth is definitely in his hands at least.

But from his contacts in the ministry, although Dumbledore has been adamantly preaching his return, not a single soul believes him, and Potter hasn't backed him up either.

But why waste time on trying to figure out Harry Potter, the curious enigma that must have been force fed felix felicis as a child, when you can get a good foothold in the ministry instead? so a few months pass by and Voldemort gets his bearings in his new body. He isnt overly fond of how he looks now but it terrifies the death eaters and thats all that really matters. The entire summer he has a horrible nagging feeling that something is incredibly...off. But not with him. Someone else somewhere at the back of his head is having a supremely shit time. It comes to a peak around the last few days of august, and then ceases to exist. Like someone turned off a dripping tap. And Voldemort relaxed.

September the 2nd rolls around though... its back again, but its less a drippy tap and more of a smooth river at the back of his brain, and he cant place it for the fucking life of him. That is, until he is sat in his study reading a report on the minister when there is a knock on his door, and Severus Snape is standing there looking halfway between vomiting and holy righteous fury. He blinked, trying to figure out if he had requested a report this early in the school year, but cant remember one. Gesturing for Snape to give what must be some form of report before kicking him out. Snape decides to look like he has sucked on a lemon instead.

He gets up, fingering his wand and getting slightly impatient. He'd been slightly less curse happy than before the ritual to return him to something more resembling human and he wasnt sure if it was Potters blood or just old age at this point.

"Well Severus...?" Snape grimaces both at the use of his first name and the implied warning.

"My lord um... it might just be best for you to legilimise me because im not sure i can figure out how to voice the request ive been given" He raised a hairless eyebrow, its not often a death eater wants him anywhere near their brain and to do it on request...?

"why should i Severus? you have a mouth, why not use it? this was amusing him greatly, because he will take him up on the offer regardless, but Severus Snape, spy extraordinaire chickening out of verbally transmitting this request? How intriguing.

"Harry Potter..." He perked up, maybe he would finally understand his silence on his return. "...Has requested that you meet him at Gringotts" What. "im going to bring my entire day to the front of my mind my Lord because its the only way you might understand why" Yes maybe he should have just used legilimency from the start instead of listening to that extremely odd request but to do so would have undermined his authority. He sighed.

"very well, Legillimens"

---

Hes never going to look at Potter the same again, he takes it back, the brat wasn't fed felix felicis at ALL. It would have been a kindness for Lily Potter to give that kid the draught of living death and have done with it. He was itching to see the actual paperwork. Over 50% of his whole soul! And he had been mercilessly trying to kill him! that was definitely not happening now. One of the only things that can destroy a Horcrux fairly easily was their original creator so one quick killing curse and half his soul would half been completely gone! If anything Potter should be rewarded for keeping his soul in tact!