Interlude with the death eaters and a sneaky listener

The afternoon was winding down when the bar door opened once more, 4 men making their way over to the corner booth, it wasn't often that the Hog's Head had many patrons so it was always free for them. They sort of collapsed into their seats, some with exhaustion after a long day at the ministry, then having to go to a meeting on top of that. Other's like Macnair in existential despair for being outed to a group of what he considered close friends. He was ready to drink tonight. Nott however had a pensive look on his face.

"Did anyone else notice our Lord was acting... Different tonight?" He of course was on the wizengamot, so had seen an extra side to the snake faced man than even the others. He was... tentatively hopeful. Mulciber scoffed, hailing the barkeep over for the usual orders of Ogden's.

"Are you referring to his depression over Potter or being perfectly content to ditch one of our most high ranking officers?" Nott shook his head, scowling.

"As usual Mulciber you have the emotional range of a flobberworm, Malfoy nearly half killed our Lord for a grudge, he deserved what he got" He took his whisky from the barkeep with thanks "No im actually referencing how he wasn't so... curse happy? this evening. Normally at least three of us would be on the end of his wand by the time the meeting starts, but this time he only cursed one person, and that was Malfoy, for insulting Lord Thanatos" At this Avery scoffed, sipping his own drink, swirling it around in the glass a bit.

"Yeah but were you watching when we came in? he wasn't paying any attention to us, he was petting the damned thestral turned snake Lord himself of all things, i think i even saw a smile there! iv'e never seen our Lord smile!" he cocked his head in thought, eyes staring off into the distance. "And when Lord Thanatos was... human? can i call that human? again he just casually smoothed a frown out with his finger like it was nothing new, they even joked!" the whole group was silent for a moment, contemplating. Nott chose this moment to break the news about the Lord.

"About the human thing, i don't think thats actually what they look like" Three very sceptical gazes landed on him and he stared back unflinchingly. "I was one of the 6 who stayed for the after meeting to be introduced to their wizengamot personas. They said it was a Parsel glamour, and im sure everyone else believed them, but i got almost the highest scores in transfiguration. It looked much more like a reverse animagus transformation" He frowned again, contemplating that for a minute. "It was almost as if they have managed to discover a halfway transformation somewhere. I have no doubts its a Parsel trait however as we have seen our new Lords actual Animagus" That even had Macnair leaning forward in his seat, all of them eager to know more. He had no doubts that this wouldn't go any further than this table as all were loyal to their Lord, even the new Lord had their loyalty just for his announcement.

"Well??" Avery was getting impatient "What do they both look like!?" He chuckled to himself, thinking back on the introduction.

"Well our Lord introduced himself as Lord Thomas Peverell, and i have to agree with Lord Thanatos that he is genuinely handsome, his height was the same, but he had dark almost black hair, possibly more of a walnut colour. High cheekbones, pale unblemished skin, a chiseled jaw. He was almost a regular adonis! The only thing that didnt really change was his eye colour although it was no longer glowing..." He paused, thinking back on it. "Although i did notice flecks of green in the red that i hadn't noticed before, but to be honest they may have been there and we just haven't been close enough to see them" The other three were sort of looking at him halfway between awe and disbelief, and to be honest that had been his reaction also, so he couldn't really blame them. He continued after downing a bit more Ogdens finest.

"Lord Thanatos as you are aware from the meeting is about a foot shorter than our Lord, but where our Lord is verify-ably handsome under his scales, Lord Thanatos is... dare i say rather pretty?" Avery snorted into his glass before waving for a scowling Nott to carry on. "Our Lord introduced him as Lord Hadrian Ravenclaw, he had rather delicate features and similar pale skin to our Lord, but he had various pale thin scars shining on his skin. To be honest im not surprised as you need to nearly die a fair number of times before you are suitable for a thestral transformation." the group collectively shuddered, their respect for the man climbing just a bit "His hair was just long enough for a small ponytail and black as a ravens wing and again, his eye colour didnt really change. but i did notice these little blood red flecks in his as well. Now that i think about it, it is a little bit odd-" He stopped short as Macnair let out a little startled gasp and started choking on his drink, Mulciber quick to cast an anapneo to clear his airways. Avery was looking at him like he'd declared himself minister.