3 is the magic number

When Harry woke up he wasn't sure what the heck was going on, first port of call was that his body was absolutely on fire, or at least had been recently.

The second thing that he noticed was that he was... slightly longer? and so was his hair? Not exceptionally, but enough to be concerned about whether he had been out cold for years and not minutes. His chin was also scratchy, like he'd grown a bit of a beard. He felt older.

The third thing he noticed was that he could remember a lot more of Tom's past, as in further than the diary, at least well into his thirties, which shouldn't be the case at all because he definitely hadn't been anywhere near the other Horcruxes so it's not like he could have absorbed them...? He always remembered the diary Horcruxes memories as if they were his own, and he knew that merging had aged him by at least a year, but this felt significantly more. Like he had actually lived to be a thirty year old wizard, but that was... impossible?

The last thing he realised was that he was practically laying on the -hopefully unconscious- Dark lord, but a quick glance proved he wasn't quite the same either. He had known that the previous image was a glamour as he could partially see through them now that his blocks were gone, but this Voldemort had hair, and was definitely older than the teenage image he had used for the glamour. About the age he currently felt which was really fucking weird, all sharp angles and still ruggedly handsome-

"Potter, as much as id love to hear how handsome you think i am, shut up" His eyes widened, staring down at the Dark Lord, who still had his eyes closed, and seemed to be happy to keep it that way. Harry slammed his occlumency shields up as high as they would go.

"Tom?"

"Hmm?" He must not be fully conscious to not react at all to his name

"I wasn't talking out loud" He didnt really have the time to roll out of the way before the Dark Lord shot into a sitting position, eyes wide open and he felt another set of occlumency shields slam into place and suddenly his brain felt slightly clearer, he hadn't gotten any definite thoughts through, probably because Voldemort had still been fairly out of it, but now he felt a little bit more relaxed. Well he did until said Voldemort turned his narrowed eyes in his direction. But... are those? Flecks...of...green ::OH MY FUCKING GOD::

"Potter!" Voldemort's hands went straight up to clutch his head like i had screamed in his ear. It probably felt that way.

"Im sorry! im so sorry! could... could you hear me?" a funny look crossed his face as if there was some sort of puzzle to be solved before...

::Of course i fucking heard you:: Harry's own eyes widened, His mouth hadn't moved at all.

::Holy fuck:: now both of them were sat there staring at each other trying to figure out what the hell was going on before they heard someone clearing their throat behind them, both whipping round to face Griphook and a Severus Snape that really looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here. The goblin looked like he might too to be honest.

"Welcome back to the land of the living Mr Potter... Mr Riddle" Voldemort looked about ready to murder something. He started coldly questioning but his voice soon got louder.

"Why can i remember that brat's entire life? And why do i feel like ive got more soul than i did?? And whY CAN WE HEAR EACH OTHERS THOUGHTS?????" Griphook had the decency to look slightly uncomfortable, but it was actually Severus that started the explanation.

"Well as you know, 3 is a very powerful number in magic, and not only was there 3 sacrifices, a soul shard was being attached to a hallow which there a 3 of and... he was in contact with 3 pieces of your soul. It looks as if the power of 3 sets of 3 in the ritual somewhat... affected the results. All the horcruxes that you had created apart from the two living ones and the ring re-entered your body at the same moment that Potters soul split, and because he was touching both you AND the cloak..." He looked between the two of them obviously trying to figure out if he should continue. Griphook stepped in here however.