Chapter 3

"There, there" Ana soothingly rub Spike's back as he devours the tub of ice cream with wide teary eyes.

"I'm fine, woman!" He angrily spit at her with a glare and shrug her hand off of his back.

"If you say so" The girl back off with her hands in the hair. "If you say so"

"I say so you daft cow" The vampire continue and start rambling u bunch of other british insults. Ana didn't mind, she knew that he didn't mean any of the hurtful things he said while he was like this. The first time she took it to heart and the two didn't talk for weeks, it was a very bad part of both of their lives.

Some say that pain lessens with time and you get used to it but looking at Spike, Ana knew that it wasn't true. Getting betrayed like him doesn't get any easier, it doesn't hurt any less after walking in on his lover for the tenth time and if anything Ana's sympathy towards Spike and dislike towards Drusilla grew with each of these evening. She would say that it almost hurt her as much watching him going through this as it was for him. She was empathic after all plus she loved him with all her heart. He was her everything so she truly hated seeing the normally strong tough, funny vampire being so down.

"Want me to go buy you some more ice cream and then we can go lay down and rest?" She ask him but she already knew his answer, it was tradition after all. She would get lots of ice cream and then the two would lay down in her bed and cuddle and she would be the big spoon and he the little. After a while she would pretend to fall asleep so he could cry his heart out without his pride being damaged while also being comforted by his best friend. Though best friend would not be how he described their relationship, it was much more than that. He was closer with Ana than he was Drusilla, he shared things with Ana that he wouldn't even dream about with Drusilla. His closeness with Ana was something that Drusilla hated, she could feel and had on many occasions seen what that closeness would lead to but she would hang on to her Spike for as long as she could but even she could see that they were meant to be.

"Do what you want, pet. I don't care" They had done this so many times already that Ana was mouthing along to his words in sync with him with her back turned.

"Sure sure, stay safe. I don't want to come home to a big pile of dust in my favorite chair" She grin at the man and she could see a small glimpse of amusement in his eyes at her remark.

When the door closed behind her Spike slumped back into the dirty old chair with a heavy sigh.

"Bloody hell" He mutter, dragging his hand down his face.

For a soulless vampire he sure did feel a lot, he was deeply loyal and most of all he loved with all his heart. Soulless vampires were supposed to be just that soulless, like Angelus before the Kalderash clan but Spike wasn't like that. In some sense he was, maybe even worse with his passion for mindless killing and such but he cared about his loved ones. In fact, he was almost 100% sure that Drusilla didn't love him, you don't cheat on someone you love but he still loved her. He knew that Drusilla would never stay loyal to him even though he's never strayed from her. Ana on the other hand, his best friend mated for life. She only fell in love once and when she met that someone she would stay and love that same someone for the rest of her life. In fact elves were so devoted to each other that their souls would connect and they would in certain cases be able to feel what the other was and of course if the other part of the union died the remaining partner would fade. Spike wouldn't let that happen, he couldn't let her leave him, he needed his elf. It was his Ana, only his and he does not share.

Ana was humming a happy melody under her breath as she browsed for the frozen goods in the small store just a few blocks from their cemetary. She was craving something different, maybe something very chocolaty. She opened one of the store's many freezers and pulled up a big tub of ice cream with three different kinds of chocolate in it. She closed the lid of the freezer and gently placed the tub in her basket and moved over to the snack section. Her and Spike was gonna have a party with all of these snacks.

After picking 3 different bags of chips she grabbed 2 bottles of soda and put that in the basket. She looked down on it, she had her ice cream, she had soda and she had snacks. So what was missing? She stop in the middle of aisle 4 and then promptly turn around and made her way to the canned section of the store. If she was going to buy all of this then she could as well buy her beloved baby corns. With determined steps and a little bit more springin her steps than when she arrived Ana paid for her junk food and the skipped all the way home to the crypt, excited to eat her baby corn.