Chapter 8

"Oh bollocks" Spike curse under his breath as he spills some blood on his shirt. "I just got this one too, bloody perfect"

"Who's perfect?" Ana ask as she walk into his room hoping that he wasn't pissed at her.

"Me of course. Just look at me" He retort.

"If you say so" Ana sing-song with a smile on her face.

"So, you had any new visits from the wee invisible man?" Spike inquire gently.

"Nahh" Ana shake her hand.

"Don't lie to me, luv" The vampire scold with a stern look on his face.

She sigh and drag a hand through her long brunette hair. "I'm handling it"

"Doesn't look like it" He comment, pointing at her obvious dark circles under her eyes. "And you people barely sleep as it is"

"I'm handling it" She repeat, trying to keep a friendly expression on her face but Spike could see the brief flicker of annoyance in her eyes.

"Fine" Spike mutter turning back to the TV. "You ought to sit down, luv, before you pass out"

She did as she was told with a small pout on her lips. Seems Spike is still feeling salty about what happened yesterday evening, it wasn't even a big deal. Ana told him that she didn't want to talk about it then, what was she supposed to say? 'Oh it's just an old aquintence haunting me, I watched him get killed and did nothing to help him', on another note that might have been a good thing to say.

Ana sigh. "The first time I met him was the first anniversary of my mother's death, I walked into him and all of his little papers scattered in the wind. I was so embarrassed" She chuckle bitterly. "I offered to buy him some coffee to make up for it and so I did. I was stupid and naive back then"

Spike nod "Ah, the desperate for a shag Ana era" The vampire look at her unimpressed. "And then what? You fell in love, is that it?"

"God no" Ana start laughing a shrill clearly fake laugh. "I hated the man with all of my heart"

"Was he a bloodthirsty demon?" Spike make a silly face and pose as if he was biting someone. "Was he evil, like me?"

"No, wasn't a demon, and evil is not the right word. He wasn't evil, he was just wrong"

"Well go on then, get to the sodding point" All intrigue had washed off his face.

"Patience" Ana scold, flicking him on the nose. "We continued to meet for coffee and even though I knew something was off about him I kept seeing him. I could feel some sort of connection to this strange man. It couldn't be a coincidence that I ran straight into him, and it wasn't. He had been stalking me for the last month, he was obsessed with me" Spike look at her in interest.

"I was creeped out by him and demanded that we stop seeing each other but he kept following me. Drove me crazy, I kept seeing him everywhere, he was haunting my every thought" Ana take a shaky breath as she relieve it all. "He killed my two brothers in a jealous fueled rage and in return, I killed him. I don't know why he's come back to haunt me" She finish and look into Spike's eyes, not sure when she lowered her gaze.

"Sooo, this muppet stalked you, killed your brothers, you killed him and now he's haunting you?" Spike repeat, counting each thing on his fingers.

"Um, I didn't exactly kill him" Ana admit, biting her lip.

"What do you mean you didn't kill him?" Spike ask confused, she did say she killed him less than a minute ago.

"I hired someone else to do it, I just watched" The elf looked at him with shame in her eyes. "I should have been the one to kill him, I know"

Spike click his tongue against the roof of his mouth as he look at her. "Listen closely, pet. People die and then they stay dead. Those shocks messed you up"

"Probably, my hair hasn't been the same ever since" She shrug with a smile on her face.

"Oh bloody hell, what's with you girls and your hair. "

"You dye yours" She point out.

"True, but I don't fuss about it" Spike tell the girl with a pointed look.

"Um, you spend more time on your hair than I do, besides I'm the one who bleach it"

-------------

"I wanna be sedated" Ana sing as she twirl around the room with her broom. "Nothing to do, nowhere to go"

"That's a nice song, where's it from? A hospital full of sick dying food?" Spike remark from where he was leaning against the door.

"I don't know, it just came to me" The elf grin while sweeping the floor. Spike hum with a thoughtful look on his face.

"You made up with Dru yet?" Ana ask her best friend having turned around to face him.

"Yep, we're right as rain" Spike grin at the girl in front of him.

"Hm, that's good. Wouldn't want my two psychos getting lonely" Ana tell the bleach blond vampire while pointing the stick at him. "Bored Spike is a dangerous Spike"

Spike snort and scoff at the same time. "Speak for yourself, you tried to stake me once for the fun of it"

"I wouldn't kill you and you know it" She defend herself with a grin on herself and Spike unconsciously look down on her plump lips before realising what he was doing and averted his gaze as if it burned him.

"One can only hope" He say distracted by his suddenly racing heart as she smiled at him. He must be coming down with something, maybe that demon had some kind of poison on its skin.

Drusilla enter the room with high clacking heels and lips painted blood red. A twisted smirk in on her face as she look at the two, whatever fondness she had towards the elf disappeared the moment she saw Spike. He was looking very confused and thoughtful and she knew then and there that it had begun. She wouldn't go out without a fight, no, Spike was still hers.