Chapter 4

"Miss me?" Ana ask the only person currently on the first floor while making jazz hands. She placed the bags on the table when she first walked through the door.

"Terribly" Spike mumble, watching the television intently.

"I brought ice cream, I brought chips or in your case crisps or whatever and I brought soda" She ramble up all of the things and deliberately left her baby corn out of it.

"Good girl" The bleached blond haired vampire praise her with a small while making grabby hands towards the ice cream. "Now gimme"

She obliged with his request and dropped the heavy tub in his lap with a small silver spoon and then turned back to her grocery bag. Ana looked at the vampire over her shoulder to make sure that he wasn't watching her before pulling her can of baby corn out of the bag and stuff it under her shirt to hide it.

"What ya hiding under that shirt, pet? Hmm?" Spike ask, pointing his spoon at her with a pointed look. "Sharing is caring"

"Not always" She mumble under her breath.

"Is it baby corn?" Spike ask already knowing the answer. Ana was awfully protective of her baby corn.

"Maybe" She sheepishly answer, slowly bringing the can out.

"I knew it, what is it with you and corn?" He ask while bringing a full spoon of ice cream to his mouth.

"I love them" She simply state before throwing the door to the stairs open. "You coming?"

"But of course, darling. Who can refuse you?" It was meant as a joke but there was truth in it, he could never deny or refuse her.

She chuckle and hold the door open for him as he stumbles through it with the tub in his arms.

There is no risk of any awkward encounters with the female vampire when they come down to the basement as Drusilla had gone out again. This time to find Angelus apparently. Maybe that was code word for a quick shag with a random demon.

Opening her door, which she regularly made sure did not creak she pushed him lightly into the room and closed the door behind them. Ana was greeted by the dark grey painted walls filled with bookshelves and piles of books all over her floor and it was no small challenge trying to navigate Spike through them who was cursing her for building a 'sodding mazy'. Once they made it through she made sure that Spike sat down a fair distance from the edge because the man had a habit of falling out of the bed. Ana plopped down on the other side of the bed and practically dove under the covers, the 'basement' of the crypt was freezing cold, even for her. It was a wonder that she didn't freeze to death in her sleep.

She opened her can of corn and suddenly winced as her hand started stinging.

"You should be more careful in the sun, luv" Spike comment looking at her wound. "If you weren't alive I would think you were a vampire"

"But here I am, with a beating heart and pointy ears" She sarcastically answer. "Not a vampire"

"Talking about pointy ears" He began while spooning ice cream in his mouth. "How sensitive is those tips?"

"Umm.." She stutter, truth was that the tip of her ears were really sensitive to touch. "Not sensitive at all, can't feel them" She lie straight through her teeth.

"So you wouldn't feel it if I did this?" He ask, grinning and reaching a hand to touch her right ear.

"Not at all"

"Very well then" He quickly pinch the tip and is rewarded by a slap on his hand and a loud ow!

"So they are sensitive!" He exclaim.

"Yes" She mutter while rubbing her ear which might not have been the best idea as the ears were also a very erogene part of her body. Her biggest weakness must be those bloody ears, a small rub on them and she was melting in a little elf shaped puddle.

"Good to know" He nod to himself. "Can we rest now, Ana? Can we rest?"

"Of course, Willie" She lightly tease before opening her arms. This was the only times when he would be the little spoon, normally he was a very dominating man who loved being the big spoon but there were occasions when he just wanted to be held.

He scoff at her and placed the empty tub on the floor and rolled over and into her open arms. Ana tighten her arms around the man and shuffle a little to find a comfortable position to hold him in. He was a rather tall and big man and she wasn't so very tall and big. He teased her a lot because of her height but he also occasionally gave her piggyback rides.

"You know what we're going to do tomorrow?" She ask, breaking the silence.

"What?" Spike respond with closed eyes and a content smile on his lips.

"We're going to kill something" She whisper in his ear and she could see the shiver going through his body.

"God, I love you" He chuckled, kissing one of her arms and nestled deeper into her warm embrace.

"Goodnight Spike, love you" She tell him with closed eyes and a yawn building.

"Goodnight, pet"