Chapter 5

"Hold still" Ana warn Spike with a dark glare as he once again moved his hand.

"I'm trying" He whine with a small pout on his lips. "It's not my fault that that sodding Tv isn't working as it should"

She wave the wet brush slightly in warning over his nice new shirt and he instantly shut up. Ana turn her focus back on his nails which she was painting black. Spike was completely unable to paint his own nails so that responsibility had fallen in Ana's capable hands. So at least once a week they would sit down and she would paints his nails their standard black colour and when his roots started showing it was her responsibility to bleach his hair again. The bleaching didn't happen often because Spike's hair grew slowly which means that it didn't need bleaching that often. Ana had never seen his natural hair colour but she had seen old paintings of him when he still had his adorable curls and light brown hair. He still had the curls but you couldn't see them.

"I'm almost finished you big baby" She give his thumb nail one last coat of the shiny polish before putting it away. "There, all done"

"Thanks, pet" Spike tell her with one of his trademark smirks. "You know what I've been craving recently?"

"A good shag?" Ana ask the male vampire with a small smirk of her own.

"A dead slayer" He smirk diabolically and his eyes glaze over as he relives his past kills. "The one during the boxer rebellion gave me this" He point to his scar on his eyebrow.

"I know, you've told me that story like 6 times this week." The elf tell him with an eye roll.

"Hey" He warn. "Don't roll those eyes at me"

"I'll do what I want, when I want and who I want" Ana retort with a scoff. "You don't own me Spike"

"Sure, I do. You're my elf Ana" He tell her, leaning over to give her a peck on her cheek.

She pretended to be disgusted even though she was melting on the inside and wipe the kiss away. Her very mature response was to blow a raspberry and sink down in her chair.

"Sweet Ana?" A dreamy voice called to the young elf from the doorway.

"Yeah, Dru?" She called back.

"Do you want to walk to the angels with me? The moon tells me that I shouldn't go without you" The female vampire tell the elf with a small smile on her face and her hand already outstretched expectantly.

Giving Spike a little wave she walk away from the small living room and cross the floor and put her warm hand in Drusilla's cold one.

"Goodbye, my sweet Spike" Drusilla call over her shoulder as she and Ana walk out the front door.

The two walk in silence as the older woman lead them towards a destination only she knows. Ana cast worried looks to the vampire every now and then, she didn't feel entirely comfortable in her company without Spike close. Sure she could fight and all of that but this was against Drusilla, an experienced old vampire who Ana's best friend loved. She couldn't hurt the vampire and that gave her a big disadvantage if Drusilla brought her out to attack her.

"Miss Edith was very bad today, she snitched on Pruth" Drusilla told the elf walking beside her with a frown on her face. "I had to put her on time out"

"Snitches get stitches" Ana joke in an attempt to lighten the tension between them.

"Yes, snitches get stitches" The vampire repeat, nodding her head with every word.

"So" Ana drag out the O as she stop walking and turn to Drusilla. "What did you bring me here for?"

"It's a secret" Drusilla giggle, putting a finger in front of her mouth and shush. "We're not there yet"