Chapter 17

Shortly after our conversation I left the small tomb that we called home and made my way to the park that I had last seen Thea in. Hopefully she'll somehow get some witchy vibe and sense my need to see her, if not then I'll just have to wait here until she appears or I find some way to contact her because I don't think I can look Spike in the eyes without some sort of answers. I'm not one to play the blame game but she owes me this, after cursing me and that silly little vampire this is the least she could do for me.

The park is as I left it, full of old people feeding ducks and families playing at the small playground. I squint my eyes when I see that there are no ducks in the pond, so what is the old people feeding? Are they even feeding anything? I walk closer, dragging my feet behind me as I try to sneak.

No matter how close I get to the scene I can't seem to see what the old people are feeding, it seems as if they are just throwing the bread in the water and it magically gets eaten by something invisible. I feel my mouth drop slightly and my eyes slowly blinking, the old people were.. glitching? They were repeating the same set of movements over and over again, except for one who was repeating only one and then jumpin to the third movement.

"Is this an illusion?" I ask out loud, I mean what's the point of monologuing in my head if no one can hear me anyways. "Cuz last time I checked old people aren't supposed to do that"

"Smart girl" Thea's voice startles me an I turn around to face the witch with a frown on my face.

"Thea" I greet tensely. Seems I'm not ready yet to see her without having all these feelings bubbling up inside of me.

"Ana" She reply with a small smile. "I knew you'd come"

I open and close my mouth stunned, she knew I was coming? How?

"What do you mean that you knew I was coming here?" I demand.

"I've seen it. " She retort with a 'duh' look on her face. "I'm a witch, remember?"

"How could I not, what with you cursing me every few seconds" I answer bitterly.

"We've been over this Ana, I didn't know it was you and honestly can you blame me?" She ask, shifting her weight from on hip to the other. "I needed the money and I don't know if you've noticed but vampires have sharp teeth that would kill me in seconds. I value my life"

I blow out a gust of air from my mouth in expasteration. "That's your excuse for royally ruining my potential love life? Do you know how many times I could have done the... you know what... with you know who."

"Is that all you think of?" She ask, not impressed. "About doing the deed? What about love?"

"You can't deny that it's a plus, besides that man has got skills you'd never believe." I point out with a smirk.

"I can only imagine" Thea says with a bored expression on her face.

"Jokes aside, I want to talk to you about this whole thing. You didn't exactly explain it all last time we met and I have yet to climb out of the pit of despair and confusion that you pushed me into."

"He's your soulmate, your one and only, the other piece of your puzzle, the one who completes you" She rambles. "There's some... biting involved" She rushes out the last part and I wouldn't have heard if it if it weren't for the sudden silence in the usually loud park.

"Excuse me but what? A bite? He's going to bite me? What is this, some kind of cliché teenage vampire love story where he has to romantically bite me to claim me as his mate"

"Spot on actually, except for the teenage part, you're both older than that I believe" She respond with mirth dancing in her eyes. "But yes there is biting involved, the cliché kind. He's supposed to bite you on the neck, wherever you decide on placing it I suppose. He'll know when it's deep enough. This will deepen the bond you're supposed to be feeling, I'm hoping it's starting to affect you again."

"I'm starting to feel some parts of it I suppose, a romantic longing, fleeting touches leave me breathless and everything about him is alluring. Imagine that just a few days ago he was just my bestest friend in the world and now he's going to magically be my one."

Thea shakes her head with shame glistening in her dark eyes. " I can't even begin to express how sorry I am about this whole thing. You'll have to try and forgive me... somehow..."

I force a small smile on my face. "There's nothing to forgive" I am totally not imagining a thousand different ways to make her disappear without a trace. "Now what will this bite do to me?"

" It's mostly there to stake his claim... on you... and make sure no other try to claim you. Your scent will slightly shift, not much though" She assure me. " You can always bite him in return if you want him to go through the same thing, it's not the norm but who cares about that"

I giggle slightly. "Yeah, if his teeth come near my neck he'll be in for a real surprise when mine end up in his"

"I really am sorry for all of this Ana, I hope that we can be friends" That sounds so cliché and lame but I'll take the friends part, gods know I don't have any.

"Yeah, no, of course we can be friends. I need the connections anyways and who else is going to be my soulmate expert"

AN: Just a small chapter, a new one will be up in a few days. And this time I mean a few days! Thanks to everyone who likes/ reviews/comments/votes/ exists. I love you all!