Chapter 19

AN: Hi again :) Please don't kill me for the long wait...

"What spell?" Spike growled out with frustration painting his words into a thinly veiled threat.

"Just a teeny tiny one, just to make you forget and be mine forever. Don't you want that, my love?" Dru whispered in a sultry tone and stroked a finger up his shirt covered arm.

"I don't care about the size, you daft bint! What did it do?" Spike pushed her hand off his arm with a betrayed glare. "You've done a lot of things to me, Dru, some I like, but I never thought you'd spell me."

"I dreamt that you were going to leave me, I saw your star leave mine in the night sky. I did what I had to do" The dark haired vampire muttered under her breath, her voice almost a plead, and then turned around away from her previous lover. She sighed mournfully and shook her head before walking into their shared room.

Spike snarled, his face screwed up in rage and his hands clenched into fists at his side. There was a bit of a slump in his posture but he looked every bit ready to pounce as a predator stalking its prey. "We're not finished here! Come back here! Dru!" He screamed after her when she closed their bedroom door shut, as if the door shutting would mean that their conversation is over and everything is fine. Spike was not fine, and shutting a door had never stopped him.

He stomped over to the door and threw it open with a deep grunt before hissing softly when some of the wood dug into his hand after snapping part of it. Anger burned in his chest and a fire lit up in his eyes.

"Dru!" He snarled once he got the door open and saw Drusilla laying on their shared bed, her dress torn and dirty and her dolls scattered throughout the room. "Why did you curse me?" Spike's voice raised until he was yelling at his lover.

"To keep you with me and not with her" She whispered, her fingers reaching to the ceiling and lips in a smile of sorrow. "But I can sense that I have lost you to her already. You were never mine to keep"

Spike shook his head, confused once again by the weird vampire that was before him. "What in the bloody hell are you talking about? If anything it's this little stunt that's made you 'lose' me"

Drusilla bitterly giggled and turned her head to face her love. "Silly Spike, you always were silly in your own way. Nothing like Angel, but I liked you anyways. You and Ana are soulmates, decided way before either of you were born." She sat up and brushed out her dress and picked up miss Edith. "When I saved you I sensed her but I decided to have you for myself, telling myself I'd kill her before you met her. But you met her anyways and I couldn't kill her."

"You were planning to kill Ana? For something you felt? Oh Pet, that is ridiculous. She was never a threat to you" Spike whispered and walked closer to where Drusilla sat and shook.

"That's because I made the witch curse you" The vampire's eyes sparkled as she looked up at the blond vampire. "Made you not sense Ana for who she was, and neither did she. Stupid witch messed it all up when she decided to break the spell. Now you're going to leave me and I'll be all alone"

Spike recoiled even though he knew already. "Dru, why would you do something like this? After everything we've been through you doubt my love for you?"

"You've loved me like this only because I hid your bond" She snapped back, her eyes shining with tears of anger that she refused to let drop. "Already you feel it coming back to you. Don't deny it, I know it is. It's written in the stars and drawn in blood"

"What are you saying?" Spike asked, fearful of her answer. "What is the point of all of this. You never loved me like I did you, you were never there for me in my time of need. You'd switch me for Angelus if you could. Well your 'daddy' never loved you like I do, never protected you like I do, and he never will" He ground out through his teeth, his body slumped and tense at the same time.

"There's a reason you and Ana became best friends so quickly. Miss Edith, do you want to tell him or should I, hm?" Drusilla grinned at the doll in her hand, the sight both warming and freezing Spike. He could watch her for hours like this, but everything had changed and they could never go back to how things used to be. His memory of her would forever be tainted by those sins. "Back in New York, where we met her, I hadn't cursed you yet so you still felt the bond. Do you remember? You couldn't get her out of your head and babbled for hours about her, used to make me green with envy. But then I cast the spell and everything went back to normal, you were my Spike again and Ana was just the best friend who would never even dream of being more than that"

"You'd rather our whole relationship be based on lies than trust me to have some kind of restraint? This is so messed up, luv, I'm literally speechless" Spike exclaimed and fell down on the bed that no longer felt like home or warmed him like it used to. It felt cold and empty, as if something was missing. "You dug yourself a mighty hole. I don't know if I can forgive you for this. The cheating I could deal with because in the end you always came back home to me but this- casting spells and cursing me is one step over the line I never drew"

"This is where we part ways, my Spike" Drusilla stood up and pressed one last, warm, deep kiss to his plump lips; one that he welcomed and returned tenfold, as if he knew it would never happen again and was clinging to the memory of the other times they had been pressed onto his.

"Dru" He whispered after her as he watched her leave the room and up from the basement. Her movements were graceful and child-like, something that was so uniquely Dru. "Don't leave me"

A knocking on the door broke him out of his moment of weakness and he quickly schooled his face and dried his palms on the sheets. Ana leaned against the broken door with a sad smile and arms crossed over her chest.

"Did she leave?"

"Yes" Spike finally answered after awhile, the realisation that he had just lost the woman he loved with all his heart hit him like a train to the face. "Nothing you should concern yourself with, Ana"

"I came to see how you were doing. I know how hard it is to have your whole world fall down on you like that" She gestured to where Dru had once walked away from him. "Believe me I was in a lot of disbelief and denial when I first heard about it but then I connected the dots and realised it had all been in front of me this whole time"

"What?" Spike asked surprised. "Drusilla just left me and you're already barging in here nagging me about the very thing she left me for? I just can't catch a break, can I?"

"I'm sorry but we need to have this conversation" Ana said, regret coloring her words in a dull grey and her steps echoing in his ears like elephants on glass floor. "Before any of us do anything that we regret"

"Like what? Drive away the woman we love?" He bit back with a sarcastic smile and a tired tilt of his head. "Because that I've already done."

"It doesn't matter. What she did was wrong and now we need to understand what we've been manipulated to ignore" Ana pressed on, her face determined and eyes sharp as a knife as she stared down at her soulmate. "We are mates, soulmates, destined to be and all that crap. That's clear. Once the bond has been made there will be excruciating pain if either of us touch another being with that kind of intent" She winked at him in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"So not only do I suddenly have a soulmate that I didn't ask for but I'm going to be in pain if I find someone attractive and touch them? I don't like it"

"Neither do I but it's our reality now so you better get used to it" The elf shrugged and played with a string on her sweater. "So where do we go from here?"

"I don't know, pet, I have no idea"