Chapter 15

AN: I'm using some aspects of a soulmate bond that Dr. Mini me (Fanfiction.net) invented. They have an amazing story about spike called Vicki's oh so Terrifying, Neutered Vampire.

"Hm" I hum with a thoughtful look on my face. "I don't think so"

The man looked stunned for a second before recovering and fixing the drunken glare on me again. "It's not a choice"

I growl softly in the back of my throat, I hate hurting humans. Monsters I had no trouble hurting but humans had always been kind of a no no for me, the elf-part of me had made sure of that. If the human was innocent and I without a good reason hurt a human I would suffer the same wounds as the human. Now this human I had reasons to hurt but I didn't want to risk ending up with any wounds and have Spike take care of me. "I think it is, and I'm saying NO"

The man let out a short laugh that screamed disbelief as if I was stupid to think I had a choice. He took a couple of slow steps towards me, dragging it out but I stared him right in the eyes with a hard stare. "We'll have so much fun together"

A heavy sigh makes it way from me, I honestly wasn't in the mood for this. I just wanted to go home, avoid Spike and sleep. Sleep of the drunken haze that the cheap drinks from the bar had gotten me into, sleep so that I could not make the mistakes that I knew I wanted to make.

The sound of the man's heavy footsteps on the gravel filled the otherwise surprisingly quiet atmosphere. He had a determined look in his eyes, his mouth was curled upwards and his fingers were clenching and unclenching into fists. I took a daring step forwards and straightened my posture, trying to make myself seem as big as possible even though I knew that my petit build wouldn't intimidate anyone, much less a drunk man with some impressive muscles on him. Speaking of muscles, the ones on this man were currently bulging out of the obviously too small shirt that he most likely had forced himself into and she had to admit that if she was not an elf and lived with vampires then they'd probably have scared her into submission. Unfortunately for the man she happen to be an elf and she do live with vampires, very dangerous ones actually, so the bulging muscles and overrated grin did nothing but prove to her that there seemed to be some sort of pattern that all human males seemed to use in these kind of situations.

Finally he stop in front of me, the grin seemingly having gotten bigger by each step that he took. I forced a small smile onto my face, it wouldn't hurt to play along a little and I hope that he was dumb enough to fall for it despite me having earlier told him no. By the broadening of the grin that was now displaying a row of yellowed and crooked teeth I can confidently say that it did work. The man let out a small chuckle at what he assumed was me submitting to him and took the last steps that distanced us with a spring in his heavy steps.

All thoughts of evading this horrible man and walk away flew out of the window when he leaned down, opened his mouth-making a horrid putrid smell reach my nose, and spoke in a what-he-thought-was-an-attractive voice. "Finally realising that you want this, lovey"

I glanced up at the man from hooded eyes and resisted the urge to glare at the male an instead slowly curved my lips into a seductive smile, leaned my head closer to his and whispered. "Hmm.... How could someone not want such an impressive man such as yourself. I know I do"

"I knew you'd come to your senses, knew I had to have you the second you walked out of those doors, swinging your hips around like no ones business"

I leaned my head down again, playing at being embarrassed. "You are right about one thing"

"And what's that?" He leered down at me.

"It is no one's business" I grinned a full of teeth grin and delivered a mighty kick to the man's groin and he fell to the ground with a loud yelp of pain.

"This will teach you not to mess with people" I growl out and quickly scouted the area, looking for any possible witnesses. There is no doubt that they would come to the same conclusion as I- that the man deserved this, but it is not a risk that I am willing to take.

Seeing as no one was actually around I glanced down at the whimpering man who had curled into a fetal position. Looks like I used a little more strength than I needed. Maybe this thing with Spike is affecting me more than I first thought, normally my self control is perfect but now. Now I can feel every sliver of control I've ever had slip away. I kick him a few times in the stomach, making him groan, whimper and yelp with every hit before spitting a large gobble of spit and leaving the alley that I had surprisingly allowed myself to be dragged into.

Time to face the music.

"Where have you been?"

"Who were you with?"

"Were you out gallivanting with men?"

"Did you get into a fight?"

All kinds of questions were flung at me the moment I opened the heavy door to the crypt that we for now live in. All questions came from my soulmate, Spike. Either Dru and Spike had yet another fight and she was off blowing off steam with whatever demon she could find or she was down in their shared room playing with her dolls.

Before I realised what happened I blurted out "I just found out that we are soulmates so excuse me for trying to drown myself in cheap drinks" I throw my hands up to cover my mouth in an effort to make myself stop talking when I see the confused and slightly bewildered look on his pale face.

"Soulmates?! We're soulmates?!"

"Oh shit" I curse loudly and smack myself in the forehead, biting my lip.

AN: I am so incredibly sorry for the long wait, I've been having a bit of a writer's block combined with sickness and life coming in the way. This is just a filler to make things happen but I promise that updates will start coming out more regularly again. I am currently editing the other chapters but will not change anything major, mostly improving the language and such. Hope you enjoyed the story and again, sorry for the long wait!