Chapter 2: Omega Maid

Hanji's POV

All the omega maids were in the courtyard, preparing for the party that the head of house was having tonight with all his potential customers. Master Perkins all hired omega women to play as his maids while the male betas were his servants. He has no other family beside us. His sweet words calmed all the omega maids from having a heat attack- for his new experimental serum should prevent us from going into heat for a long period of time.

Once the party has gotten started, we would all go around and please his potential customers. Basically helping do the servants' jobs- serving drinks and food to the people. Most of them were alphas, and we grew afraid little by little. All he had to rely on was Master Perkins' words about the serum being successful. If they weren't successful... the first one to fall to a heat attack would be experimented upon first.

*   *   *

Everything seemed to be working well. Master Perkins was going around and ensuring that people were having a good time. Carefully, I carried a small plate of desserts to the people, forcing myself to smile to them. I learned well on how to pinpoint who would be an outsider due to their actions. Mom always told me that actions may tell a story better than what words can say.

A man with raven-hair held his wineglass in a weird way. As such, he was used to holding a cup a certain way and it was difficult to change positions so easily when you're used to doing something a certain way. I could see that he was just distant... not paying attention.

Slowly, I walked up to him and stammered my words. "Sir...?" Slowly, I began to pant from the heat that slowly engulfed me. "Sir, are you alright?"

With that, he snapped out of his mind and struggled to smile gently. "Ah, yes, yes I am. Was there something wrong?"

"You... you didn't seem right in the mind, sir." I said quietly, wiping sweat from my forehead. I thought it was just from the heat- but when I looked around, there was no one sweating... it was just me. I then realized that it was because the serum didn't work... I was starting to go in heat. "Please excuse me sir..." I say quietly, quickly rushing away from the man and tried to hide in the maid quarters.

*   *   *

Levi's POV

It was strange to see her stuttering to talk to me, and strange that she didn't know who I was. Around here, I'm famous for breaking cases... and that's the reason why I'm here. There was some sort of illegal experiments here- we heard reports of missing omegas and saw them here. Perkins waved it off by saying they came to him when they needed him the most. We thought he would be somewhat using omegas for some reason.

But soon, I smelled the sweet-smelling honey and flowers, and the maid had wandered off. It seemed to trail her- no matter how quickly she left. An omega... I growled gently as the other alpha customers turned her way and I made my way after her.

Through the rose garden and through the stone arch, I found the maid quarters underneath the mansion. As I passed by, trying to track the smell, multiple maids gasp when I made an appearance- recognizing me. They pointed and struggled to speak as I walked on past them. When I came across a long hall and multiple doorways, I almost lost the scent. I couldn't find her within this short amount of time.

"There was a maid who ran back to her room- where is she?" I questioned, my voice booming in the empty halls.

Only a small maid spoke up to me, trying to speak to me normally. "Her name is Hanji. She's on the furthest door on the right at the end of the hall, Mr. Ackerman."