Chapter 3: Informant

Hanji's POV

After that party, I found myself in my room with Levi giving me tools that I would need. A phone, a camera, and a couple of listening devices. Told me that when I'm in the mansion, I can place the listening devices carefully and out of sight- all that so he can listen in conversations about these illegal experiments. A camera to take photos of evidence- and I would need it the most when he experiments on us omegas. And finally, a phone. A phone to contact that whenever I am in trouble and sometimes... to call him whenever I wanted to. He never really gave me a strict... order about the phone. Just said to call him whenever I felt like it. 

I sighed heavily, kissing his lips before he had to leave on me. And just like that... the night felt like it was disappearing. Like it never had happened. Levi and I hid all those tools within a loose block that was hidden by my pillow. A perfect spot for a hiding place, as Levi called it.

When I went to bed, my hands caressed my thighs and I thought about what happened before that... and how it all led up to that point. With a heavy sigh, I fell asleep, just wondering when I could see him again. After he gave me the tools, I couldn't tell him what I knew and why I was experimented for. But it didn't matter... I hoped I'll see him soon...

*   *   *

Levi's POV

"So, Perkins..." I say to him, smirking when I finally had him in my grasp. "What do you say? I'll ensure you stay out of the federal government's hands."

He nods, understanding my lies were truths and smirks. "Welcome aboard, Mr. Ackerman. I see that you have no place to stay for the night?"

"Yes." I began to lie through gritted teeth. "My wife kicked me out and now, I'm a bit homeless. Mind if I stay here in this mansion? Seems there are a lot of room."

"Exactly correct, Mr. Ackerman," he chuckles as he poured himself a small glass of whiskey, "and I shall call a maid to show you around. As I heard from last night, you gotten yourself into... a bit of some relationship with one of mine. Want to request her?"

He still doesn't know I slept with Hanji for a bit because of her in heat, and I rather keep it that way. What it seems like is that I slept with her because I wanted her... and I'll go with that lie. "Of course I do. Don't mind if I do, do I?"

"Do what you want. You're protecting me and I have no reason to hide anything." Perkins then turned to his phone, chuckling softly. "Hello, Betty? Yes, I would want the omega maid: Hanji Zoe. Just call her here. She has an important job for an important person." Then, he hung up on the phone. "She'll be here in a few. Have a small walk outside." And I excused myself from him.

Not even a minute outside of the room, my phone began to ring and I thought about who it could be as I pulled it out. Thankfully, I recognized the small, short number of Erwin Smith. On that note, I groaned and looked around for anyone before answering it. I stayed silent, not wanting to give out my cover.

"Levi, we got a missing persons' report. This woman was an omega: Petra Ral. We believe this woman is involved with Perkins. Find any information of this woman if she's here. Hope you understand." And he hung up.

A missing person... "L-Levi...?" I turned to see that familiar maid, and I smiled gently. "You're here again..."

"Show me around, Hanji," I chuckled and reaching for her hand and taking in her heavy scent. No matter how much I breathed it in, it was like an addiction and I wanted to continue smelling it. "I want to talk to you about something..."

*   *   *

"Hanji, tell me everything you can." I growled gently as soon as she led me to my room. I pushed her a bit, almost teasing her.