Chapter 6

The morning sunlight spilled into the room casting a golden haze around the room, the light came in through the window whose curtains were a bit open. On the bed were the two lovebirds one of them was awake and the other asleep. Daniel slowly stroked Zelda's hair while smiling lovingly at her beautiful face. She then turned and faced him before slowly opening her eyes.

"When were you going to decide that it was a great thing to wake me up Danny?" Zelda asked with a sleep-hazed voice.

"I knew that the moment you awoke, I would have to leave. I needed a very genuine reason to stay in bed with you for a while longer." Daniel smirked suggestively.

Daniel the attacked her mouth with his and began to tickle her which in turn caused her to laugh and push him off to have her revenge however when she landed atop him to begin tickling him, she heard a knock on the door.

"Crap" Daniel said and launched himself underneath Zelda's bed just as her door opened.

"You know one of these days I am going to throttle you for invasion of privacy" Zelda told her friend.

Daniel looked around the room from underneath the bed and had a sense of déjà vu. He then thought of going to his room the way Zelda brought them to hers. He concentrated on his room, visualising it and then when he opened his eyes, he found himself in his room.

Meanwhile few minutes before Daniel's stunt, Zelda was taking her time trying to dissuade her friend from looking underneath the bed that she believed Zelda was hiding her mystery lover, however, when the girl looked under the bed, she saw no one.

"I guess you are right Zelda, there is no one in this room other than you and me"

***************************************************************************

The school was brimming with excitement as they all heard that the new Director of the Academy was about to make an announcement. Gathel looked through his window to the courtyard where the students awaited. He looked to his right and saw a girl of Daniel's age. He smiled at her and then looked out through the window again.

"So, what do you think about my new plan Truda?" Gathel asked looking at the students all lining up in a neat and impressive formation. He then looked at the hunters all standing in their beautiful glittering coat. He then looked at the Stone Guards led by the human Joseph.

"It is very perfect your Excellency, they will not see this coming" Truda replied looking at her feet.

"Then let's get this show on the road." Gathel said and then left the room.

Gathel walked closer to the balcony and stood before the students smiling as if he had brought very good news to them. He looked around the students and the hunters, the traitor was among he knew that with surety, he hoped his new plan would be able to fish out the traitor.

"Many of you know about the missing Gem and I am sure that it is no new news to you that here is a traitor in our midst, which is why I have come up with a new plan that would enable us track down this traitor." Gathel said beaming at the crowd before him. "I introduce to you, the Hounds"

About fifteen students from the crowd came out to the front of the students and Truda came from behind the shadows and stood at Gathel's side. The crowd were surprised because many of them knew the students that had come out and all were wondering why they were called out.

"They have a unique ability, they can read minds," Gathel said dropping the bombshell.

The dining hall was filled with chattering by curious students who all wanted to meet the Hounds and at the same time stay very far away from them. Daniel looked around the hall and saw one of the Hounds looking at him with a very curious face.