Getting There Eventually

Matt was curious as to what Leah wanted to tell him.

Matt: So, what's this secret you wanted to tell me?

Leah sighed before giving up.

Leah: Nothing, it doesn't matter. Now's not really the time.

Matt: Are you sure?

Leah: Yeah, I'm sure, it can wait. I want the timing to be just right.

Matt: Well, if you say so.

Matt gave her a hug and for a split second, Leah felt that all was right with the world. Then she came back to reality and knew that sooner or later, she would have to spill her secret.

Leah: Yeah, it's just, I guess you could say that I haven't exactly been the luckiest woman in the world when it comes to relationships. First there was Cass, then all that speculation with Corey...

Matt: What happened with him?

Leah: Me and him constantly argued a lot. The one that ended it was him talking about how he still had feelings for his ex. In the end, I just gave up and let him go.

Matt wrapped his arm around Leah, and patted her on the shoulder as she let a little tear out.

Matt: I'm sorry to hear that, it must have been hard on you.

He then looked into Leah's eyes and said something that Leah believed was 100% true.

Matt: There'll be someone out there for you. There always will be.

Leah: What about Amy's mum? I mean, I know she died when Amy was born but... Do you miss her?

Matt: All the time. Not a day goes by where I think of Katie in some way. We never argued, we never cheated, she was my dream woman. Then all of that was taken away thanks to one stupid mistake I made.

Leah saw that Matt was looking downcast, and she  immediately regretted what she said.

Leah: I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought her up.

Matt: No, it's fine. I'm actually glad you did. Because...

He then brought up a picture of him and Katie together, when Katie was 6 months pregnant with Amy.

Leah: Wow, she was a looker.

Matt: She was amazing. And what made her even more amazing was that even though she's not here anymore, I still see parts of her in Amy. She's like a mini Katie, I suppose.

Leah: That's... beautiful. Now I see why you and her are so close.

Matt: Yeah, she's my pride and joy. She always will be.

After a while, Amy and Pamela then arrived at Matt's locker room to hear the two in deep conversation. Luckily, Matt and Leah didn't hear them, and just listened in before whispering to the 4 year old.

Pamela: Do you think Leah told your dad how she felt?

Amy smiled and nodded frantically.

Amy: Yeah!!!

They quickly stifled a giggle before composing themselves and knocking on the door.

Matt: Come in...

Pamela opened the door and Amy sprinted to her dad, who picked her up and hugged her.

Matt: Hey, sprout.

Amy: Daddy!

Matt: You ready to go home?

She nodded and then hugged him again.