Chapter 1

I've been wondering the archipelago for years now. I never really felt at home anywhere so I was constantly moving. I stayed at Berk for 4 weeks. The longest I've ever stayed in one place since I was  13.

The only reason I stayed so long was because of dragon training. I had found a young Dramillion. Frode, my Dramillion was hurt in a fight when I found him. He healed quickly, though and I soon began to train him. He quickly got used to the idea of me flying him.

I never went on any missions. I didn't really talk to the other riders. I mean I would have a conversation with one of them every so often but we weren't friends. Or at least I didn't think we where.

I was in the northern markets. I didn't need anything really, just looking for a thrill. I had plucked up 3 bags of coins, a new dagger, and 2 pounds of fish. Nobody had noticed.

Suddenly someone grabbed me and pulled me under a dark bridge. I snatched out my dagger from my belt and sharply twisted around. I hit my captor in the nose with the hilt of the dagger, then I pushed him to the ground, jumped on his back and put my blade to his neck.

He froze before chuckling, "Wow your good..."

He was trying to get free when, Frode appeared, readying a shot.

"W-Woah! Easy dragon!"

"What do you want!" I growled out.

"To give you a job offer... Oili the unseen..." he rasped out. I jumped off him and signaled for Frode to stop.

The man jumped up and dusted himself off. He had flaming red hair and vibrant green eyes. His eyes had a crazy spark in them. He had scars and tattoos littering his body and a patchy stubble.

He introduced himself as Dagur the Deranged and said that he would pay me to work with him. I would play the part of a spy and thief when needed and would help defend against the Dragon Riders.

He promised good money, food, and a room on his ship for me and Frode so I agreed.

-Timeskip-

I had been bugging Dagur about letting me go on a mission, wether it be stealing gold or infiltrating Berk, and he had been refusing. He wanted to wait until the time was right or something.

I had been pouting, while sitting on the boats railing. Dagur was ignoring me and doing 1 armed pull ups while flexing. Savage was getting the man to pull the reaper to the surface.

"That's the last of it!" Savage announced, "That's everything of value from the Reaper!"

"No not everything..." Dagur growled out, flinging an, ironically, dagger at the picture of the trinket Hiccup had taken.

-small timeskip-

A purple and yellow monstrous nightmare flew above us, before the men started pulling it down.

"Uh might wanna get down Olli!" Dagur grinned as he pulled me off the railing, where I was still pouting. The dragon was pulled onto the boat and the rider slipped off.

He was a scrawny, dark haired boy. He looked to be 15 or so. Not very impressive.

"tHIS ISN'T A DRAGON RIDER! WHO ARE YOU?!" Dagur screeched out.

"Gustav... And that's all your getting out of me!" He squeaked our, crossing his arms. By this point Frode was behind me.

"Fine, Olli! Does Frode like scrawny non-dragon rider?" Dagur hummed. I shrugged my shoulders and Frode put on his "intimidating face." It was scary to anyone who wasn't around him constantly. The boy, Gustav shivered at my Dramillion and started yelling about how he knew Hiccup and had information.

"I can get you the dragon eye," Gustav gasped.

"And what's the Dragon Eye?" I asked, now in his face, beside Dagur.

"That. That's the dragon eye." He pointed to the drawing of the cylindrical artifact. 

Dagur has decided to feed the boy. A lot. He had me writing a letter to the Dragon Riders while they feasted. Dagur was trying to come up with a plan.

"So, here's the plan. We'll draw Hiccup and the Night Fury into the open, neutralize the other riders and seize the Dragon Eye by lethal force," Dagur stated. I looked up and glared at him and his idiotic plan. "As if there is any other type of force. I mean, really, come on. Then the Dragon Eye will be mine!"

"Boss that ain't gonna work-"

"Yeah, that's one way to do it. And you might get the Dragon Eye. Or Hiccup could crush you just like every other time you faced off against him." Gustav shrugged.

"You have a better idea Gustav?" Dagur growled.

"Can you hand me the sauce, please? I do, one that will guarantee Hiccup delivers the Dragon Eye right to us!" Gustav smiled.

"Boss, do you want to hear the letter?" I asked the red head Bersker beside me.

"Shoot!" He answered, while taking a bite of his mutton thigh.

"My Dearest Brother, How are you Hiccup? Still got the band of baboons following you? I'm sure your missing the scrawny kid I found! What was his name? Ah Gustav! Now if you want him back bring me the dragon eye. Alone. You have till Dawn. See ya then Brother,
Dagur" I finished reading the letter. Dagur grinned his crooked grin and had me tie it to Fanghook and send him (her?) to Dragons edge.

2 hours later another scrawny kid with shaggy brown hair and a missing leg arrives on a nightfury. I had my nails digging into Gustav's shoulder to keep him still. Fanghook landed beside Hiccup and his night fury.

"Olli," Dagur signaled me to let go. Gustav ran to his purple monstrous nightmare and hugged her neck. "Aw, dragon and dragon rider love... makes me wanna hurl. Blehg!" I flicked the back of his head for that comment.

The nightfury snarled, while looking around. We had hunters EVERYWHERE so if they tried to pull something they wouldn't get very far.

"Yeah I see em bud... Gustav you ok?" Hiccup asked, "that's close enough Dagur!"

"Oh, wow. Where's the trust. After all we've been through together? No? Nothing? No Hiccupy barbs, quips, snappy comebacks? But I really love those. We've developed such a nice shorthand, you and I," Dagur remarks.

The continued to negotiate and I grew bored, mumbling out how much chiefs talked. Dagur walked over to me and whispered, "Ya know, I'm gonna actually feel bad when I kill this kid..."

I smirked at him and started bothering the men and Savage.

I got out of the boat with Dagur and Gustav. Dagur had just asked why we had stopped.

"No reason. I was just kind of impressed that you trusted your men enough to show them exactly where the treasure is hidden. Especially when there's so much of it!" Gustav muttered. Dagur turned to me and the men.

"Stay here!" Dagur ordered, "you too Olli, I need someone to watch the men alright?"

Dagur rushed out an hour later without Gustav or the dragon eye.

I yelled at him for 15 minutes.

Word count: 1201