Chapter 8

I watched the northern part of the island from my boat. Yes I'm the captain of my own ship now, but usually I'm gonna be with Dagur, or said man child will throw a fit.
Dragons Edge was completely unguarded from the north, it was ridiculous. There was no guard tower, no defense system, none of their Night Terrors, absolutely nothing!
I had the men slowly approach the island base to hopefully get a few spies on it. If we could get spies on there they could send a terrible terror to us and let us know when to attack. When we got as close as possible, I sent Robert and Kylin in a dingy too the island. After they left I noticed Windshear approaching us.
The silver dragon landed on our ship and off jumped Heather. She threw her hood down, ran to me, and pulled me into one of her bone crushing hugs.
"Hey Heather! Good your here! I've been meaning to ask ya something!" I grinned, I turned to look at Gilbert, my first mate, and said, "Tell me when Dagur and Ryker arrive or when Robert and Kylin get back."
I spun on my heel and dragged Heather to my cabin. I sat her down at my desk and stood in front of her.
"So whatcha need Capt?" She giggled. Are all people related to Dagur this cute??? Or am I having another bisexual panic?????
"Your a spy for the Dragon Riders aren't you?" I asked her. I had been suspecting her of this feat after a month of her being here.
She randomly disappeared. She seemed to hate everyone for awhile. She was always listening in. She never actually injured a rider. And the riders had to be getting information from somewhere.
Heather squirmed in her seat. Her green eyes darted around the room, planning her escape. "Don't worry, I won't tell no one, sugar," I said. She seemed to relax but had an air of suspicion. "Why not?" Her question rang through the air like a bell. I let it linger before shooing it away with my answer.
"Because it doesn't concern me."
Heather stared at me, not yet processing what I meant.
"You see Heather, I myself ain't completely loyal. I wouldn't have stayed this long if it wasn't for your brother," I clarified for her.
Her eyes widen in realization, silently urging me to go on.
"I started working for your brother a few weeks after he first broke out of prison. By the time he joined the dragon hunters, he had earned my loyalty and trust. I was no longer in it for only the money and stopped accepting it 2 weeks after you learned Dagur was your brother." I explained. "I would have never started working for these scum bags if your brother hadn't."
She took in the information slowly before jumping up and hugging me. I stiffened before hugging back.
 "Thank you," she whispered in my ear.
"For what?" I responded.
"Trusting me, and keeping my brother out of trouble," she said. I nodded my head and shot her a small smile.
Clapping my hands together I exclaimed, "Ok! I'm tired! Ask Gilbert to show you to your room!" I ushered her out of the room and slammed the door behind me.
I sighed and headed to my dresser. I opened the top drawer and pulled out a pair of pajamas. Pulling on the garments, I crawled into my bed. I blew out my candle and covered myself in the blanket.
I slept for a few hours before being jolted awake by a body crashing into me.
"Dagur. Get. Off," I grumbled at the redhead who had a terrible habit of doing said action. He groaned and rolled off, still laying in my much to small bed. I turned over to face him, he smiled sweetly at me and I returned it in a more sinister fashion. I quickly shoved his chest, causing him to fall off. He landed in the floor with a thud.
I leaned over the side of the bed and smirked. He glared at me before grabbing my wrist and yanking me down. I landed on top of him and he chuckled. I giggled as well.
Growing increasingly more tired, I felt myself start to drift into the world of dreams, or in my case.
Nightmares
Ughgfucfggvv I've been smothered with school and so you got this crappy writing. I haven't had much time but I needed to post. There was supposed to be more, I was aiming at 1000+ words but I didn't know how  I wanted to write the nightmare so it'll be in the next chapter. Word count: 720