Chapter 2

A/N: there was some sort of mistake and to make a long story short, half of the first chapter went missing. It's uploaded now, so I suggest you go back and look through it again quick before continuing. Thanks for reading!

-InfernoFrost

            Omen studied Cody for several long moments before saying, “You’re probably right. There probably is something out there, but we’ll never know unless we look. In the very least, can’t we go just a little ways past the map?”

            Cody leaned against the table and ran his fingers through his scruffy hair before he answered, “Not now. Let me think about it for a few days and I’ll tell you soon. So does that mean you will be staying?”

            Omen’s eyes flashed with excitement as he replied, “If you say that we can go, I’ll stay. But I have a life back in Semiones, and everyone back home will be wondering about us.”

            “What will you tell them about me, Aval, and Autumn? We’re all staying here for what I’m guessing is going to be a long time. If we ever do go back, nothing will be the same,” Cody said with a sigh.

            “Then you better say yes,” Omen said before he slowly stood and strode towards the door. He walked outside without even glancing at Cody again.

            Cody let out a deep breath, “Did you get all of that?”

            “I sure did,” said the usual voice in reply

            “Well, what do you think? What should we do?”

            “This is your adventure,” Inferno began with a humored snort, “But I will support you in whatever you choose.”

            “But what should we do next? What is your opinion?” Cody asked.

            The dragon thought for a moment before answering, “No doubt it will be dangerous. I think we should speak with Argos and Heyrone about it.”

            “And what do we say?” Cody asked. Sarcastically he added, “I suppose we’ll walk right up to him and say, ‘Heyrone, do you know anything about the world beyond the lake, like what the hidden danger is?’.”

            “No, we don’t even know for sure if there is a danger, and Heyrone might not even know it exists. He’s had three entire races to command and protect by himself all this time, he could have been kept busy. He may not even know that the maps only go that far,” Inferno pointed out.

            “Then what do I say?”

            The dragon seemed to roll his eyes as he answered, “Is it really that difficult to figure out? Ask him to tell you about the lake, or ask about things near the edge of the border to indirectly ask him. If we don’t stumble upon something interesting there, then I suppose we can search the elf and dwarf cities. It would actually be nice to learn about them more, since we haven’t gone anywhere near them.”

            “So are we going to speak with Heyrone, the elves, or the dwarves?” Cody asked.

            Inferno took no time in answering, “You told Omen you’d think for a few days. Let us get used to the land around before you decide whether or not to leave.”

            “So elves or dwarves?” Cody questioned, growing slightly annoyed.

            “Those two seem to have significant differences, since they seem to hate each other so much. You’ve already been to a dwarf town once before. I think it would be nice to see a bit more of the elven culture, since the only elf we really know is Pippi, and she seems fonder of humans than her own kind,” Inferno suggested.