1 [Hello]

Welcome to Our Girl! 

*If you didn't at least read through the Author's Note after the Preface and also the Character Profiles, you may want to go back and do so before reading further. They hold information to make the story more understandable. 

I hope you enjoy this first chapter!

{unedited}

>>.<<

"Hello! Is anyone home?"

You hollered out your usual afternoon salutation as you stepped through the door of your home. After closing the door behind you, you quickly drop your heavy work bag and kick off your shoes. Sighing with relief.

"I'm in here," a deep voice replied from deep inside the house, but you knew exactly where it was coming from.

Skipping up the stairs and weaving your way through the hallways, you made you way to a room all the way in the back corner of the second floor. You walk in the open doorway to a small office space and smile at the familiar mop of dusty blonde hair sitting before a large Mac monitor.

"Hey, Tae-ah," you greet the man sweetly, walking up behind him and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey, baby," he didn't look away from the desktop screen, but he smiled forward to acknowledge your presence, "How was your day?"

You groaned dramatically.

"Agh!" you whined as you walked backward until you slumped down onto an ash grey leather couch, "Way too looong. My editor tried to assign me an article on the newest cosmetic launch by Channel, but I told him I thought the ongoing fires in Amazonia are a little more important than the latest $400 concealer product. Kinda pissed him off. His sexist fascism knows no bounds."

The dark haired man chuckled lightly without turning around.

"So what are you doing?" you grumble as you play with a lock of your hair.

"Looking through and editing my latest proofs," he replies.

"Oh, editorials or originals?" you ask.

"Editorials, unfortunately," he sighed sourly.

Taehyung was an amazingly talented photographer. He ran his own business and did very well, but most of his income was earned shooting for high profile clients and designers. Although he was sought after by elite labels and even several high profile idols that paid handsomely for his expertise, he absolutely hated reducing himself to such work. Taehyung preferred shooting landscapes, cityscapes, and humans or animals in their day-to-day life. Or as he put it, 'settings with substance.'

"I'm sure they are wonderful regardless," you say, "Your photos are beautiful no matter what context."

"That is very kind of you, baby," you can hear the smile in his voice, "So when are you going to let me photograph you?"

You scoff, "In your dreams. Jin's the gorgeous model here, not me."

He sighs, "Jin is beautiful, but so are you. The most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

You cover your red cheeks with your hands though Taehyung's still not looking, "Th-Thank you..."

"Where are you guys?!" a sudden yell his heard from downstairs proceeded by the sound of the front door banging shut.

"Up here!" you holler to the expected individual.

Soon enough there were footsteps stomping their way up the stairs and down the hall before a tall, raven haired man popped through the office doorway.