AUTHORS NOTE

Hello! If you've stumbled upon my story, welcome, and thank you!

I just wanted to go over a few things first before you jump in. 

The subject of this story, Ayla, is visiting Korea for the first time. She's been learning Korean, and wanted to practice it with this vacation. One thing that is immensely difficult, is showing someone using a language they are unfamiliar with, while writing it in a language other than the one depicted. For this reason, I left a lot of her stumbling over words, pausing for figuring out words, and other imaginable difficulty out. I hope to one day improve my own Korean enough that I can re-write this using Korean for the dialog, and showcase this better. Apologies that these things were not depicted. 

Another thing, is the use of words such as "Hyung."  Hyung, or "형" in Korean, means older brother, and as I'm sure a lot of BTS fans would know, the members often refer to each other as that because it is an honorific in Korea. I left the use of this word in, rather than translate to "older brother." I just felt it made more sense and flowed a lot better. I know the use of Korean in an english story can be annoying, so I hope everyone understands my use of it. I think this is the only word I use- but I am still writing the story. But it is the only one currently that makes sense to use. 

I have never been to Korea myself either, so I hope that I can show it well in my story. I did look up places to visit to try and get the mountain scene correct. Please let me know if there is anything to change/add regarding culture or places! 

Thanks everyone for reading, I think this is the furthest I've ever gotten on a story, so I'm really hoping to finish it soon! 

I hope you enjoy my story!