Chapter 5

"Are you awake?" Yoon asked as soon as I answered my phone.

It was the beginning of my second week in Korea. I was significantly less jetlagged, but still very exhausted.

"Barely." I yawned.

He laughed, "get up, get dressed."

"Why?" I asked, confused. I sat up in bed, glancing at the time on the clock. It was still early.

"There's a car coming for you in an hour. I have a surprise planned for you today."

"Wait- really?"

"Yes! A little birdy told me of an event happening today, and I want you to be there for it."

"Okay.." I said, confused. "What kind of event?"

"You'll see. Be ready in an hour."

The line went dead.

I frowned, a million thoughts flooding my brain. Who was this Yoon person, really? And what kind of event? Was this how I was going to die? I sighed, knowing full well that I trusted this guy too much, and that I was going to go, death or not.

I went to shower and get ready, thinking about the event and what it could be the entire time.

I picked out a plain shirt and jeans, unsure if I needed to look nice or not. I decided to throw on a floral cardigan to complete the look, making it look slightly dressy.

I headed downstairs, and realized that I had no clue what type of car was going to be picking me up. I stood just outside the doors of the hotel, where there was a small driveway for pickups and drop offs. A few cars were pulling in and out, and I waited anxiously to see if any of them seemed to be for me.

It wasn't long before a large, black vehicle pulled into the driveway, pulling to a stop before me. I was surprised, this was the type of car you'd see pull in for a celebrity. A large SUV with black tinted windows that looked like it was bulletproof. The driver got out, looking at me.

"Ayla?"

"Yes."

He walked around to open the door for me. I blinked, looking between him and the open door.

I climbed in, thinking the entire time about how completely strange this was. Why was myself, out of everyone, being picked up in this kind of vehicle? Was I reading too much into it?

The door was shut behind me, and a few moments later we were pulling out of the drive.

I watched the sights pass by as we went to an unfamiliar area that I haven't explored yet. We pulled to a stop at a small side street. The driver came around opening the door. I climbed out, confused. Another person wearing a black top and pants came in behind the driver, and bowed politely.

Without speaking, he gestured for me to follow along with him. We went into the back of a building, and my mind screamed at me with how sketchy it was.

I followed anyway, heading up the flight of stairs behind him.

At the top of the stairs, there was a man waiting.

"Name?"

"Ayla."

He nodded, and moved to let us pass.

We went through the door at the top of the stairs, and I gasped. I was led out onto a beautiful rooftop garden. Flowers of every colour lined the rooftop, leading to a centerpiece where beautiful stone benches sat. There were microphones placed on the benches, and I could see someone setting up the area for something.