Chapter 3

I woke the next morning feeling giddy. It was kind of sad, one boy shows any interest in me and I end up like this. I shook my head, getting up and going through my morning routine.

I thought about today, and what I wanted to do. I was tired, exhausted really. But I really did want to go sightseeing.

I got dressed, heading downstairs to the dining hall for the complimentary breakfast. Who would ever turn down breakfast?

After filling up, I went back upstairs and sat on my bed, pulling out my computer. I had made a list of things I wanted to do while in Korea, but now I wanted to look through and decide. Everything on the list seemed interesting, but of course the most interesting was at the bottom of the list, underlined.

My eyes skimmed over the bolded letters, spelling out "BTS CONCERT."

I was excited, to say the least.

I thought about it, what it would be like to finally see the boys that had such an impact on me in person.

My phone ringing took me out of my thoughts. I scrambled to grab it, letting out a breathless hello.

A low chuckle came from the other line, followed by "Hello."

I didn't know how to respond, I didn't know this person at all yet. I was feeling anxious and giddy all at once.

"How are you?" The voice asked. Though he couldn't see me, I could feel my face heat up, knowing he would have realized my lack of response.

"I'm good. Tired. Yourself?"

"Tired too, always." Another chuckle. "I was up early."

"Why early?"

"Eh- I had to do something for work."

"You're still not going to tell me?"

"Why ruin the mystery?"

"I'm rolling my eyes." I said, but I was smiling.

He laughed, "I'm sure you are. Oh- I didn't ask you your name yet."

"Ayla."

"Ayla." He repeated, "I like it."

"Thank you."

"Do you have plans for the day?"

"I don't know, I want to go- uh, see the city." I said, stumbling over the words I wasn't familiar with.

"If you can during your trip, Mount Namsan is a beautiful place to be. Amazing view."

"That sounds lovely!"

"Yeah it's great I-"

Yoon was cut off mid sentence, by a voice calling out to him, "Hyung!! Let's go!! We're going to be late to rehearsal!"

I couldn't place it, but the voice sounded familiar.

Yoon sighed. "Okay okay," I heard a rustling and a muted voice, before he returned to the phone, "Sorry, Ayla.. We're running late. I'll text you! Have a good day."

"Okay! Bye!"

I looked at my phone as my screen signaled the call had ended. I was more confused than ever. Who was that speaking to him? And rehearse what? I sighed, this was going to be a long 3 weeks.