~ Chapter 1 ~

As the sun started to pour through my bedroom window i let out a yawn.
I blinked a few times and then tumbled out of bed.
Today was the first day of the Second Semester. Already half the year was over. HALF! I picked up my phone from my bedside table and sleepily read the notifications. I saw that Lily (my bff) had messaged me.

Bff 🥰: Hey y/n! are you excited for the first day of S2??!
I smiled at her over exaggeration on the punctuation. She always does that! I giggle to myself and reply.
Me: yeah ig. Everything other than Math 🙄🤮
Bff 🥰: same!!!
Me: I've gtg have breakfast so I'll see you at school.
Bff 🥰: ok party pooper, c ya!
Me: bye
Bff 🥰: bye ❤️
I shut my phone of and placed it back down. She's so coo coo, but I love her.

I started to walk downstairs into the kitchen to have breakfast.
"Hey sweetie!"

I turned around from the toaster to see my mum eating toast.

"Hey mum, how did you sleep?"
"Great honey, are you excited for school? This year is going by so fast!"
"Yeah mum, that's what I thought early too. Weird."
"Hm"

I started to make myself some toast since I didn't want to sound like a volcano during class.

Once I'd finished eating I hugged mum and went back upstairs to have a shower and get ready.

Since it was the first day I wanted to look nice so I washed my hair and then blow dried it. I got into blue jeans and a hoodie since it was starting to get colder.
// author note, since I'm in Australia I'm guessing things that Americans do so don't judge pls //
Once I finished apply minimal makeup I packed my bag and headed out the door, saying by to mum as I walked out.

Ever since I was a kid I've walked to school since my mums been working a home and my dads not here. He left when i was a baby so he's never really been in the picture.
I sometimes dream what it would be like having a caring father and a perfect family, but I don't often since I have the best mum in the world.

In 15 minutes I made it to school and was ready to start, well at least I thought I was.

Almost as soon as I walked in I saw Lily and I ran up to her.
"Hi y/n!!!"
"Heyy, you seem extra energetic today, how many coffees have you had?!" I giggled once again.
"To be honest I lost count.."
I look at her with serious eyes but then I just burst out laughing. And soon she joined me. We laughed until our stomachs hurt... and till the bell rang.

Sadly we didn't have any classes together on Monday's so we went our ways, having a small hug before going.

My first class was science. Yay.. I mean it's not as bad as math but it's not great.

I scurried down the hall to find my class and entered.

Hopefully today will go quickly.
Hopefully..