~ Chapter 18 ~

once we had finished eating and looking into the sunset we started to pack up, by folding up the blanket and picking up the pizza boxes. as we did that I admired the way Shawn looked once more before heading back to the car. gradually the air started to get colder and without realising it I had my arms wrapped around my body. I started to shiver when Shawn spoke. 

"here" I looked over at him and saw that he was holding a jacket. 

"Are you sure? it is your spare one." 

"yes y/n, I'm not that cold" he smiled. I knew he was lying but I still took the jacket, since he was wearing jeans and my legs were bare. as I slid the jacket on I almost collapsed by the heavenly smell of Shawn invading me. the smell of his cologne and natural musk was incredible, its so hard to explain. 

we continued walking to the car and by the time we got there the sun had fully gone down and the glow of the moon was casting over us. as soon as we got in I turned the heater on, full blast; since I was still cold. 

"do I have to put on the blindfold and earmuffs?" I laughed 

"yep!" Shawn laughed back.

"wait actually," I asked, slightly serious. 

"no! no, no. you can be free " he said at first alarmed but then jokingly. 

Shawn than pulled out of the car park and we started to drive since Shawn was focused on driving I played around with the radio, looking for a good song. I finally landed on "someone you loved" since I liked the song. 

"I love this song!" Shawn said excitedly, which I giggled too. 

"you better sing your heart out than, with me," I said. and he nodded his head. he sang quietly through the first verse and bridge and when we hit the chorus he broke out of his shell and sung. 

now the day bleeds, into nightfall

and you're not here, to get me through it all

I let my guard down, and then you pulled the rug

I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved.

when he finished I stared at him with my mouth wide open. 

the way he sang with so emoting was beautiful, and the slight rasp in his voice made it even better. he hit all the notes correctly and he simply had smashed it. 

"holy shit Shawn."

"what?" he shyly chuckled

"have you ever considered singing professionally?" he gasped and thought. 

"I mean not really, only in my dreams. I don't really see myself as "good"

"Shawn, Shawn, Shawn! you're amazing! you would seriously go so far if you went professional. I can literally see girls swooning over you while you sing in a sold-out stadium. seriously." he looked at me for a split second and smiled 

"do you really think that?" he asked. I shook my head and laughed. 

"yes! I really do Shawn." he thought for a few seconds then spoke. 

"ill do it, ill put myself out there. seriously y/n. and you can be my moral support or something! and we can do songs together!" he smiled widely while he said this, and I joined him. 

"I'm so proud of you babe," I said and smiled harder. 

"me too, babe." and he smiled harder. 

the song had long gone and another song was playing. as I was listening I felt a slight weight on my left thigh and saw that Shawn had placed his hand on my thigh. I smiled and placed my hand of top of his, and it stayed like that for the rest of the drive.

when we got to my house Shawn stopped the engine and faced towards me. 

"tonight was fun" 

"yeah it was," I replied, and then everything was silent.

we sat there for a few seconds until Shawn started leaning in, and I did the same. 

becoming desperate, I sped up my motion, and my lips had finally met hit his. 

the way our mouths moved in sync with each other was so thrilling. I brushed my tongue against his lips, hinting for permission. and when Shawn slightly opened his mouth wider I saw that as a yes and I moved my tongue in. not knowing what to do I glid my tongue over his and he groans slightly, telling me he liked that. so I continued to do that, as well as moving my mouth against his. as he started to move his tongue too, he moved his right hand to my waist, squeezing slightly, and I moved my hand to his hair, running my fingers through his mass of curls. after a few more minutes of doing this, with the occasional squeeze from Shawn and caress from me, we pulled away from each other. 

both of our cheeks were flushed and we were out of breath. I looked at like with a look and smiled. 

"I better go, but we'll talk tomorrow.'

'okay see you tomorrow babe.' he said, as well as planting a swift kiss on my cheek. 

"bye."

"bye." I hopped out of the car and made my way to my house. I dug my keys out my purse and unlocked the door, but before walking in I looked back at Shawn and gave him and wink, I laughed at his expression, then walked inside, already thinking about all the happened. 

when I turned around and locked the door, I rested my back against it for a few second and spoke softly. 

"holy shit."

A/N

hi guys! earlier this week my book went "missing" and I was so scared! buut I got it back, so it's all good :)

C