~ Chapter 17 ~

as I looked around, the sound of seagulls chirping, and waves falling entered my ears. the sun was just about to set and the sky was a beautiful orange. I looked over at Shawn and smiled.

he stood there awkwardly, obviously not knowing what to do. I hadn't noticed that I had walked away since I was so surprised by the sight.

"awwww, Shawn!" I yelled as I ran into his arms. as I went into his chest he stumbled back but kept his balance. I buried my head into his as he tightened his grip around my waist. I took a deep inhale in and smiled at the smell of the cologne I love. 

I lifted my head so that my chin was resting on his chest and looked at him. I took a deep breath and spoke.

"I love you, Shawn, I really do." I looked into his eyes and saw them flutter

"I love you too y/n." he leaned down and kissed my forehead, which I exchanged with a peck on the lips.

after staying there for a little longer in his arms, we let each other go and found a place on the sand to eat our dinner.

when we finally sat down I couldn't keep my eyes off Shawn. his hair perfectly forming around his face, the smell of cologne invading my nostrils, the way he looked so handsome from the wind blowing on him. he looked like an angel sent from heaven. 

"you okay?" huh? I snapped out of my trance and noticed Shawn had a worried look on his face. 

"oh sorry, I was just thinking..."

"about what"

"uh" he gave me a sweet look and I gave in. 

"I was thinking about you, Shawn"

"oh." I gave him a shy smile, and he gestured for me to come over to him. I shuffled over the blanket we were sitting on and nestled my head on his shoulder. 

he lifted his arm and moved it to my face he started to caress the side off my face and sighed.

"you are so beautiful y/n. please don't let anyone tell you otherwise okay?" as I took in his words my eyes started to burn slightly and my cheeks became wet. 

"y/n?! whats wrong baby?" Shawn shuffled in closer to me and held my face in his palms. 

I looked away and then spoke 

"no one has ever called me beautiful before. in middle school I was bullied by this one girl; Macy. every single day she would call me names and i was in a very dark headspace. I even harmed myself sometimes." I paused and let out a small sob, which prompted Shawn to rub my back.

"When I left middle school for high school I was so happy to find that Macy wasn't going to the same high school as me. but even though she wasn't there, her words still abused me every day. every day before school would put on makeup so I could cover up my ugliness that Macy said i had. eventually, I started to learn to love myself and i stopped wearing makeup. Lily helped me a lot and now here we are. and as I said before, no one has ever called me beautiful. ever."

I look at Shawn and i noticed that his eyes are slightly glossy and his brows are slightly furrowed. he moves one of his hands from under my faces and catches a tear falling down my cheek. 

"well y/n, if anyone calls you anything other than beautiful again tell me and ill give them a little talk.' i slightly laugh.

"Please don't hurt anyone Shawn. it's not worth it." he rolls his eyes

"I would do anything for you y/n. I love you so much. you are the light in my life, wherever I go I'm thinking of you, whatever I do, I'm thinking of you. your smile is so perfect. you're so perfect." my cheeks go bright red and I bring my hands to shawns face.

"I love you"

"I love yo-" before he could finish his sentence I crash my lips into his and continue doing something way better than talking. (not that you dirty little child)

a/n 

sorry for being inactive :( school is taking up most of my time.

- C