~ Chapter 13 ~

Once we got downstairs I saw a whole chicken sitting on the dining room table.

"mmmmmhhh" I moaned

"that looks soo good, thank you, Mrs Mendes."

"not a problem sweetie." she smiled up at me.

"and, call me Karen." I smiled and nodded at her. Shawn and I sat down and just chatted quietly until the rest of the dinner was ready.

"Hey y/n." I turned my head and saw Lily standing behind me.  we make eye contact and she smiles at me, but I can see the pain in her eyes.

"Hey Lily," I reply, wanting to be nice, and I smile back. She sits down at the table and there are a few minutes of awkward silence.

During those minutes I can feel Lily's eyes shift between Shawn and I the whole time. I can literally feel the tension grow and grow until Karen calls out.

"Finally, dinners ready!"

"Finally," Shawn says sarcastically, followed soon after by a small giggle.

"What did you say, Shawn?" Karen said sternly.

"Nothing, mum..." I looked over to Shawn and smiled silently at him. He glared at me, but then slowly returned the smile.

Then Karen started bringing potatoes, vegetables and bread to the table. she really went all out on dinner.

"This looks amazing Mrs- uh Karen." I complimented, quickly correcting myself.

"Thank you y/n." she smiled at me.

We dug in straight away and it was DELICIOUS. She did such an amazing job, I didn't waste any time talking and just ate. At one point I felt eyes on me so I turned my head towards Shawn and he gave me a worrying look.

"what?" I said with a mouth full of food. He chuckled.

"Nothing." he gave me a small smile, and I gave him one back.

I swear that's all we ever did, all I ever did. If someone smiled at me I always smiled back, vice verses. Even if I wasn't feeling the best or wasn't in the mood. I always wanted people to think that I was happy...

After a short time, I started to feel full so I stopped putting food on my plate a politely waited until Shawn, Karen and Lily were done eating. Once they had finished I was standing up to wash my plate but Shawn's hand went on top of mine, stopping me.

"ill do it, don't worry." he beamed down at me. I sat back down while smiling shyly.

"thanks"

"no problem" he laughed. For some reason, I could feel my cheeks heating up.

Once Shawn had finished cleaning dishes we headed back up to his room. To maybe continue the moment...