prologue

The sun was setting outside and he hadn't came home yet. For the past month she'd been going back on forth on the idea and she had finally made her decision. She loved him, she loved him so much. He was the man she'd loved for the past 3 years and the man she wanted to love for the rest of her life. She really didn't want to do this, but they had no chance of standing. The arguments and the disagreements had been occurring far too often, and she had finally had enough. She wanted to be happy, and she wanted him to be happy too.

All day she had been crying and thinking of ways she could do it, but she had managed to sort herself out by the time he arrived home. He walked through the door with his tattered notebook in hand and he was smiling. Why did he have to be smiling? It made it so much harder for her to break his heart. She was sat cross-legged on the sofa, the only light coming from the kitchen through the hallway. He saw her, and he knew. He didn't want to admit it, but he knew that it had been coming for a long time. Everyday he would try and work on their relationship; he couldn't lose her, but he knew their inevitable fate.

It had been 5 minutes since he had walked through the door - neither of them had said a word, but when he sat beside her, it was time.

"Harry," she began, but he interrupted her.

"Don't do this, Lil," his eyes were full of tears as he pleaded with her. She couldn't look at him without breaking down, "Please don't do this."

"I have to, H!" a sob escaped her lips and his arms were instantly around her back as she cried into his chest, "I'm so sorry."

"Shhh." he calmed her, trying to remain strong for the both of them. It was impossible.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." This was repeated between each tear, shriek, and deep breath.

The picture of the two broken people sat together, embracing the pain together, was something that nobody would ever want to see. The only thing they had to hold onto now was the love that they once shared for each other. The memory of their love would be something that they would cherish forever.