t h r e e

L i l y R o s e

I could hear the audience erupt with screams and applause as the show started - everything backstage was busy. Crew members dressed in black rushed through the hallways and managers were stressing about the guest stars and keeping them in one area. I was sitting (rather uncomfortably, in my dress) on one of the purple sofas, alongside the actor I was talking to earlier, and I was watching Harry through the small screen. I laughed as he messed up one of his jokes, but nobody else did - in fact, the crew seemed to stress even more when he did that. It wasn't long until he started to introduce the guests out for their interviews. I was the last person to go out.

As I walked carefully along the floor, I smiled brightly at some fans in the front row as they shouted my name. Once I arrived to the area I was meant to sit in, a seat was reserved for me right beside the desk that Harry was sat at. He, subconsciously, put his arm out to help me sit but subtly retrieved it when he realised what he was doing; this didn't go unnoticed by the audience members as a few whistles echoed through the small venue. I grinned, thankfully, easing the sudden awkward tension between Harry and I.

"Everybody please give it up for the very talented, Lily Rose Lee!" his raspy voice announced to the crowd, causing them to scream and shout in excitement.

Overwhelmed, I waved appreciatively, "Thank you."

Acknowledging the other guests despite only seeing them moments ago, I waved at them, smiling.

"So Lily, your new film has been released today," This created chaos in the crowd as they smashed their hands together, once again, in applause, "and I watched it earlier, and you were fantastic! How are you feeling? You must feel so proud."

He was proud. I could tell, and that meant the world to me.

"I'm so happy! The cast and crew members worked so hard on this film, and it was so worth it! I couldn't have imagined a better group of people to work with, and I'm really going to miss being on set with them everyday."

The interview was standard and it went on like this for a while. It ran smoothly, well until one question.

"Right, so um.." he looked through his cards, and paused a second too long when he read the next question, "in this film, you have a love interest with actor, Thomas Rollins? What was it like working with him?"

I could sense the jealously in his tone. Thomas and I had been in the magazines for weeks due to an alleged relationship between us, but we were just friends. Nothing more. Of course, Harry, like the rest of the world, didn't know that.

Carefully choosing how to answer, I looked at him in the eyes, subtly scolding him for the hatred in his tone. I know nobody else would've noticed it, but I did, "It was great. I've never acted with Thomas before so it was really fun working with somebody new, just like everyone else. The cast was so diverse and unique so I really enjoyed becoming friends with them all."

Harry simply nodded at my reply, but before we knew it... the show was over. As we all walked backstage, we were welcomed with flutes of champagne and small appetisers and snacks. I graciously accepted the alcohol and took small sips, but quite knowing what to do with myself in the busy room. Suddenly, I saw a flash of grey rush past me and out of the door.

I quickly placed down my drink and followed the figure to the dressing room that it had entered. Something was wrong with Harry. Without bothering to knock before going in, I opened the door. His face turned from shocked, to angry, to relived. It was just us now. We didn't have to act professional and in control now. We were alone.

"I didn't sleep with him." I heard myself saying. I didn't know why, but I needed him to know. "With Thomas, I mean."

"I knew what you meant." he replied, his face blank.

"It's just these papers making shit up and I just don't-"

"Don't worry about it. I know what the papers are like." his smile calmed me. What was I supposed to say now? I looked around me. His dressing room was a mess. Clothes were scattered over the floor and his bag was sat on the black leather sofa with random thinks sprawled out of it. I laughed slightly, making Harry furrow his eyebrows, "What?"

"You're so messy."

He looked around and chuckled softly, "Always have been."

As I watched him shake his head at the mess, my mind tricked me into thinking we were in a time where things were much simpler.

*
"Harry! You need to start putting your clothes away!" I shouted at my messy boyfriend from the top of the staircase in our apartment, thinking he was downstairs in the kitchen - that's why I jumped out of my skin when two hands crept around my stomach. "I thought you were in the kitchen!"

I crossed my arms in front of me while he stood with his arms around my waist. He stuck his bottom lip out and I shook my head. "Harry Edward Styles, you better clean that bedroom up this instant."

He cheekily grinned at me and shook his head, "I can think of much better things we can do..."

Hastily, he threw me over his shoulder as I laughed, lightly hitting his back to let me down.
*

A shallow cough broke me from my thoughts. I looked up to see him staring at me quizzically, obviously noticing me zoning out. Breaking the silence, I said, "Yes, you need to start putting your clothes away."

The small lampshade in the corner of the room made his eyes twinkle, and I couldn't help but stare.

"Hey, Lil..." he began, scratching the back of his head nervously, "I'm having a small Christmas party at my place back home in London in a few days, and I'd love it if you'd be able to make it."

~
merry christmas, everyone! i've tried my best to write this chapter in time for it to be uploaded today, so i hope you've enjoyed! i'm travelling for the next few days so hopefully i'll get quite a while to write on the journey - the chapters to this are going to be longer!!

now, stop reading fanfics on christmas day and go have fun!