Chapter 10: Don't Change

Maxon's POV
3 months later....
It's been a long three months without her. I've divorced Kriss already and stripped her of her title and demoted her to be an eight as well as Officer White. The day America left, I don't think I've ever cried so much in my life. She was the last one to leave. When she walked out the doors I ran out after her and hugged her on the stairs and cried. Yes, I the King held my true love and cried. Hoping she'd change her mind.

Of course the press was surrounding the palace, so they all obviously got pictures of me crying while hugging her. She was asked all about it during interviews and I was asked about it on the report. I was even asked if I had spoken to her, which I haven't so that was my answer. A simple "no". America is back on tour again. When they asked her why she had come back with another tour so soon she said "I needed to be myself again, I forgot myself while I was away". And you know I felt that. I was guilty for trying to change her.

I still love her very much, that's why I started the process of which she always wanted. To remove the castes. Mostly everyone was okay with it. Except for the upper caste people. I was also thinking about my position of being King. I didn't need all the things I have. All the rebel forces for both north and south were gone. They were both getting what they wanted.

I couldn't wait to see America tonight. I was going to her concert here in Angeles. I know I shouldn't go but I just can't stop myself. I feel like I need her. She's always on my mind. And the fact that she was almost mine for good gets me every time. Our almost always kills me.