Chapter 19: I Do

3rd person POV
Today is the big day for America and Maxon. The day they've waited long enough for. The day they say "I Do". Maxon waits patiently at the alter for his bride to come. The maid of honor finishes her walk and now the attendees rise to see the future Queen of Illéa and Maxon's future wife. Maxon is teary eyed when he sees America. My god, she's the most beautiful woman he's ever laid his eyes on. She makes it to the alter and joins hands with her soon to be husband. "America chooses to say her vows first" the officiant says. And America begins. "Maxon, as I stand here before you, my eyes looking so deeply in yours, I see all of the things I fell in love with. As I stand here before you, this ring in my hand makes me remember how complete you make my life. With every smile, every embrace, every tear you've wiped from my face. It makes me remember how blessed I really am. It makes me remember every laugh we've ever shared, every hard time we made it through together, and every beautiful moment there is to come. Maxon, I give you this ring, my heart, my soul. I give you the everything I am today, as I stand before you. I promise to love you, protect you, be with you forever, and cherish every moment as if it were the last moment on earth. Maxon, I love you. With this ring, let it be known, that over every other person in the world I could be with. I chose you. Let it be known, that with this ring, I'm promising to be here for you for all eternity, 'til death do us part." "Maxon you may now say your vows" the officiant says. And Maxon begins. "From the moment our paths crossed, you've surprised me, captivated me, distracted me, and challenged me in a way that no human being ever has. I've fallen in love with you again and again. Countless times without hesitation. And I can't believe today I get to marry my best friend. I promise to be true to you, to uplift and support you. To frustrate and challenge you, and to share with you the beautiful moments of life. Someday, if the stars align, I might even let you win an argument. No matter what trials we encounter together or how much time has passed. I know that our love will never fade. That we will always find strength in one another, and that we will continue to grow side by side. I believe in the truth of what we are. And I will always love you, with every beat of my heart." And just like that and a few other vows... we have King Maxon and Queen America Schreave!
Side note: After he announced he was engaged he and America decided it would be best to be royal again but get rid of the caste labels