Chapter 41 : Running

The young girl was coming back to her home. The breathing fast, she could feel the adrenalin in her veins. She finally reached her stairs without stopping running before opening her door and slamming it.

- "Nice run?" the blonde young adult asked.

- "Yes! I missed it so much!" Jane smiled, breathing heavily.

- "How is your ankle?"

- "Good, it didn't hurt at all!"

- "Great, be careful, just in case."

- "Yeah, okay."

Jane took a shower before joining her sister around the kitchen table. Constance was wearing a white shirt and black pants with her legs moving.

- "You're stressing?" Jane asked with a smile.

- "Yeah, kinda."

- "I'm sure it will be fine."

- "I'm sure too, I just don't like selling myself," Constance pouted.

- "I know, you don't need to, your charisma will do all the thing," Jane joked, nudging her sister.

Constance chukled and playfully rolled her eyes. She took a last sip of her coffee, kissed her sister's head, and left the apartment for her first job interview. 

Jane was alone at the table, eating her toast covered of cherry jam, thinking of the day before. She still couldn't believe that Max came after what she told her, she had been awful, she was still feeling horrible for having rejected her like that. She lost her smile and began to wonder if she could handle this again, the stress, the looks on them, the insults, and the aggressions. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to involve Max in this, it was a bit selfish, just for her own pleasure. She shook her head. If she began to think like that, she would never go further in her life. She needed and wanted to try with Max, and it was apparently reciprocal. She really needed to relax. 

She got ready to go to the store. To help her sister -even if Constance was against the idea- she decided to work more and, as she « stopped » basket-ball, she had all her Saturday free. She took her green BMX and drove to it.

Not really far, two redheads were meeting at the skatepark. Max called Beverly and explained her she spent the evening and a part of the night with Jane, which excited her friend. They were sitting on a bench, a bit isolated of the other teens, to talk privately.

- "So, tell me everything," Beverly smiled.

- "It was weird at first, I was so mad at her for what she told me! But I know what happened to her eye and why she « wanted » to stop," Max explained.

- "Oh! What happened!? She didn't fall, right?"

- "Of course not. She was coming back from her work and a group of teens threw her rocks."

- "What!? Fuck those bastards!" Bev got angry. "What the hell is wrong with them!?"

- "Yeah I know! It's better for them that I don't know who they are!"

- "Clearly!"

- "Anyway, so we talked, and she clearly has trouble to share her emotions with someone."

- "It's not really surprising. The only person she talks about is her sister, her « friends » probably betrayed or abandonned her, so when she meets new people, it becomes hard for her."

- "Yeah, that's what I thought too. But I'm glad she did a bit yesterday, maybe...I don't know, she is maybe kinda trusting me...I guess..."

- "I'm sure she does! You came back to her, you listened to her, you asked her what was wrong! You showed her that you care about her! Just this can change everything in someone's mind, this is so important because now she knows she has you on her side, ready to support her!"