Stumbling into your Commons

Third person

     Everyone looked up immediately as a crash sounded through the boys dorms to the right, followed by yelling and tromping footsteps. "Wait! Fucking wait! Please I can-"

     "No!" Suddenly, Draco and Harry burst through the doors, Draco storming away and Harry trying to stop him. Everyone shared a mix of shock and utter confusion. How did Draco get into the Gryffindor dorms? "I don't want to hear it!"

     "Please, Draco, just let me-"

     "I don't care what you have to say!"

     "It didn't mean anything Draco, please just-"

     "No! It doesn't matter if it doesn't mean anything, it was still bloody hurtful!"

     Both boys looked on the verge of tears, Harry's wide and desperate, Dracos narrowed and defensive. "I didn't mean it Draco! I promise! It just- It just happened!"

     "That doesn't make it not real," Draco hissed, turning to face Harry. His face was flamed red with hurt and anger. "Speaking something on the whim means you don't have a second to hesitate; it's practiced and ready on your tongue."

     "Draco-"

     "No! I don't give a shit Harry! I'm sick of being trampled over and pushed around by you and all your stupid friends!"

     "Draco, let me talk! You said your bit, it's my turn!"

     Draco glared in a hateful manner, his arms crossing as he stood in silence, prompting Harry to continue.

     Harry took a deep breath. "Look, I-... I honestly didn't mean what I said. I was upset over a dream and-and I took it out on you. It was instinct from all of our years of fighting, remember? A-and I had a d-dream about the night in the bathroom and I felt like shit because I felt like I hurt you too much for you to forgive me and then I thought that you were being controlled by-by V-Voldemort because I had a dream about the w-war and him using you to manipulate me and got scared and pushed you away because I didn't want what we have to be fake!"

     After the rant, which including no breathing and just desperate words tumbling out, Harry broke down, tears streaming down his face, a shocked and concerned Drzco standing in front of him. Pulling his sleeve over his mark a bit more, he reached forward and grabbed Harry's chin, tilting it upwards. "Hey. Look at me."

     Harry tried to look away, but Draco repeated his words a bit firmer, and bloodshot eyes, soaked with tears which clung to his thick, dark lashes, met the sad, mercury eyes across of them. "Hey, it's okay. Please don't cry. It's okay. I forgive you."

     "I-I'm sorry Draco, I'm so, so sorry!"

     Draco opened his arms and almost immediately, Harry clung to him, sobbing into the crook of his neck, body spasming with sobs as Draco wrapped his long, slender arms around him, rubbing his back and whispering things gently in his ear.

     There were several questions going to the audience in the Gryffindor commons right now.

     1. Why was Draco in the boys dorms? How did he even get in the wing?

     2. Why the hell were Harry and Draco arguing?

     3. Why the hell are they acting like best friends?

     4. Why are they hugging? Why are they consoling each other?

     5. What the fuck is happening?

     6. When was Snapes potions essay due again?

     After a while, Harry pulled away and wiped his face. "I'm sorry."

     "Don't apologize. I didn't mean to..  I didn't mean to upset you. I'm sorry. I didn't understand."

     Harry sniffled, holding Draco closer. "I love you."

     Draco looked shocked for a few moments, but then a soft smile came over his features, alongside a soft blush, and he leaned forward to press a kiss to Harry's lips, who happily returned the feverish mashing of lips, winding his arms around the back of Dracos neck and pulling him closer while Dracos own arms wrapped themselves around Harry's waist.

    After a few seconds, Ron sneezed and the two wrenched apparent, turning to face the crowd with a horrified expression.

     They exchanged glances before uttering a single word in synchronization: "Shit."

     "So... Uhm... Harry?" Ron said slow and quietly, raising an eyebrow.

     "Don't move," Draco hissed, barely moving even his lips. "I think he's dumb enough to forget we exist if we're quiet and still."

     Harry let out a snort of a laugh, getting a small grin from Draco as well, while Ron huffed indignantly. "Would you like to explain what just happened with-with the hugging and the kissing and the- well, the Malfoy creature?"

     "A magnificent specimen, really," Draco said blandly, examining his nails with a smirk.

     Harry rolled his eyes at Draco before shifting nervously under his friends steely stares. "Uhm..." he looked at Draco for help, who only raised an eyebrow.

     "You think I'm telling this story? I'm much to lazy for that."

     "Fine. Then I'll give them the story that you don't want them to hear."

     Draco stiffened, then glared at Harry and stood up straighter, brushing his hands off on his shirt. "See, the wonderful thing is, savior of the wizarding world, also known as the boy who won't die, is gay. And apparently, so am I. Put two and two together and you get a relationship. Ta-daaaa."

     Draco crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow as if to ask 'does anyone object? Because if so I really don't give a fuck.'

     "Why were you in the boys dorms?" A random voice called from the back.

     "We both wanted a nap, so we went up to Potter's bed and slept."

     "Took a nap," Seamus echoed, doing air-quotes with his fingers. "Sureee." He winked while Harry threw a magazine at his and Draco rolled his eyes.

     "Please, and have you see us fucking? We save that for the room of Requirements, don't we Potter?"

     Harry flushed darkly, making an indignant noise and slapping Dracos shoulder. "Shut up!"

     Draco chuckled, raising an eyebrow at Harry while a few people whistled in a cat-call type whistle. "Well, I guess we're out of the closet now," Harry sighed, leaning into Draco.

     "Probably wasn't the best first time for them to see us, but they definitely could have chosen a worse time," Draco mused, laughing with Harry hit his chest.

     "Do you know how to shut up?" Harry pouted. Draco only beamed.

     "Just making it clear you're mine, love."

     Harry groaned but flushed, going up on his tip-toes to kiss Dracos cheek. "And I love you, even though you're possessive."

     "You better. But I love you too." Draco chuckled and brushed his lips against Harry's gently, laughing when the room erupted with "Get a room!"