1

"Come on Beale let's go!" Beca called back to her friend as they walked through the woods.

"Tell me again Becs why were walking through the woods?" Chloe asked catching up to the brunette.

Chloe and Beca has been best friends since they were babies. Chloe's parents would watch her and her brother, Jesse, while their parents were busy or away. Even once they grew up Beca would still sneak out to Chloe's house, which is a few houses down at night just because she missed the redhead. She would always climb the tree beside her window even though she had a key to the house. They both just thought it was more special that way.

"I have something cool I want to show you" she said taking Chloe's hand and leading her through the woods until they came across a tree house.

Beca turned and smiled at Chloe who was surprised at what was in front of her.

"When did you find this?" Chloe asked.

"I didn't find it, Jesse and I built it with a little help from our Uncle. You use to always talk about how you wanted a treehouse to hang out in since you were a little girl. I thought since your birthday was coming up, I'd be a great surprise." Beca said smiling at the redhead.

Chloe just pulled Beca into a tight embrace, snuggling her head into the brunettes neck.
"Thank you Becs" she mumbled against the shorter girls neck before pulling away.

"Anything for you, now come on I want to show you inside" Beca said leading them over to the ladder that was built onto the tree.

"Not that I don't trust you, but you said you and Jesse built this. Are you sure it's safe?" Chloe asked and Beca chuckled.

"Yeah, that's were our uncle came in. We built it, he made sure everything was safe and sturdy. He actually only had to adjust one part so I'm pretty proud" she said climbing the ladder.

They got to the top and looked around, it looked small from the outside but had a decent amount of room inside. It had little pictures around the walls of Beca, Chloe, Jesse and the rest of their friend group, some just Beca and Chloe, others the whole group.

Beca and Jesse managed to get two beanbag chairs up there along with some other stuff. They were leaning out on the little balcony when Beca spoke.

"When building this I hoped that it could be our place. Whenever we're stressed, angry, upset or just want to be alone together, we can come here and get away" she said looking out into the forest.

Chloe turned and smiled at her,"I'd like that" she said and Beca smiled.

Beca took her hand and lead her back into the treehouse, stopping at one picture.
"Jesse did this as a joke with Amy but I actually kinda like it" Beca said as she lifted the picture to show an engrave-meant in the tree,
Beca and Chloe, with a heart around it. Chloe lifted her hand and traced the carving before turning to Beca with watery eyes.

"Woah you okay? We can get ride of it if you don't like it" Beca said slightly panicked but relaxed once she heard Chloe's soft giggle.
"I love it" she said lifting her hand to the carving.

They both stayed their for another hour before Chloe suggested exploring the area around it a little more. The house wasn't to deep in the woods, just enough so you can't see the houses anymore. They both left the treehouse and started walking deeper into the woods.

They were walking and laughing, talking about random things until they heard a growl. Beca instinctively pulled Chloe behind her as she looked for the source of the sound. As she looked, her eyes landed on a wolf in the tree line. Beca froze, not knowing what to do in that moment. She then bent down and picked up a large stick before speaking.