17.

About a month gone by since Beca returned with mason. They couldn't be happier. Luke, Jesse, Theo and Jason have watched out for him and helped him adapt to Barden again. Beca's been hanging out with him whenever she wasn't with Chloe, or their friends.

It was coming up to spring break and they were all planing their trips. Beca was planning on staying in Atlanta but Chloe had other plans.

"Come on Bec, it'll be fun! We both know we can't go a month without seeing each other so you should just come to Tampa with me. My aunt loves you, it'll be fun." Chloe reasoned.

"I don't know Chlo, I might need to stay here. It's not easy just up and leaving anymore since I became a werewolf. I might not be a part of the pack but I still help them, what if something happens to one of them? What about mason? My parents? There's a lot of what ifs about this" Beca said sitting down on the girls bed.

"Mason will be fine because he has the boys, you basically live with me so I doubt your parents will care. If something happens to one of the boys we'll come back. Please Bec I really want you to be with me." She begged.

"I'll think about it" Beca said standing up and grabbing her jacket.

"Where are you going?" Chloe asked.

"Home" Beca answered before jumping out the window and taking off towards her moms place.

Once she arrived she smiled at the smell of her mother's cooking.

"Hey mom" she said walking into the kitchen.

"Beca! Hey honey. It's been forever since you visited." She said with a smile.

"I know. I've been spending all my time with Chloe. I love her but she's becoming really clingy" Beca said.

"How so?" Her mom asked.

"Like she always insists on being with me. She keeps ahold of my hand 24/7, I have to like pry it out of hers sometimes. She always wants me to stay at her place. She's trying to get me to go to Tampa with her. I really don't think I should go." Beca explained.

"Well one thing about a healthy relationship is that you spend time apart occasionally. Spending every second with your other half can put a strain on your relationship." Her mom told her.

"So you think we should stay apart for a little bit?" Beca asked.

"I think you shouldn't go on that trip, spend some time away from each other. You can do phone calls and FaceTimes but don't actually be together" she said.

"Okay. I'm gonna go talk to her about it, then I'll be back. I know it's better to have that conversation in person." Beca said getting off her stool.

"Okay honey, just don't stay" she said.

"I won't." She said grabbing her jacket and heading back to Chloes.

Beca made her way to Chloes before climbing the tree outside her window and climbing in.

"Hey" Chloe said happily as she walked over and kissed her.

"Uh hey I needed to talk to you" Beca said.

"You can talk as we cuddle" Chloe said going to grab Beca's hand but she pulled it back.

"I'm not staying. I just need to talk to you" Beca said and Chloes furrowed her brows.

"Okay" she said confused.

"I talked to my mom and she made a good point. We spend too much time together and it's starting to put a strain on our relationship. I'm not going on that trip with you. I'm also going to sleep at my moms house now instead of here all the time." Beca said, not meeting Chloes eye.

"So you want to take a break?" Chloe asked a little hurt.

"No I want to not spend as much time together. We're always together Chlo, we need to be able to miss each other. I felt relieved to leave earlier and I don't want to feel that way." Beca explained.

"It sounds like you don't want to be with me anymore" Chloe said.

"Did you even listen to me?! I said I want to spend less time together not break up!" Beca said getting angry.

"I love you, do you not feel the same anymore?" Chloe asked and Beca pinched the bridge of her nose.

"You're the love of my life Chloe, I want it to stay that way but right now, I'm not enjoying spending every minute of every day with you. It's not healthy for a relationship. Please understand that." Beca begged as she began to make her way back to the window.

"If I'm the love of your life why are you walking out right now." Chloe asked.

"I want what's best for our relationship. Be as mad as you want at me right now but soon you'll realize I'm right. I love you. I need to get back to my mom." Beca said opening the window and hanging out.

"I love you too" Chloe said sadly and Beca jumped out the window and left.

Chloe watched as Beca ran away into the night. She decided to get changed and lay in bed. She got one of Beca's hoodies out to sleep in. She thought over the words Beca said and she's got to admit they have been spending a lot of time together. She just loves the brunette so much and is afraid of losing her again to a different pack or something like that. She began to drift off to sleep when her phone buzzed.

Beca: I know you're mad at me, but you're beautiful and I love you.

Chloes heart melted at the message. It's what Beca told her every night before they went to bed.

Chloe: I love you too

After Chloe answered she drifted off to sleep.

Beca arrived back at her mothers house and walked in.

"Why were you gone so long?" Her mother asked.

"Chloe wasn't getting what I was saying. She kept thinking I was breaking up with her." Beca groaned as she sat on the couch.

"Did you figure it out?" She asked.

"I eventually just repeated what I said, begged her to understand. Told her I wanted what was best for our relationship before saying I needed to get back here and left." Beca explained.

"She'll understand eventually. Just give her time. Why don't you head to bed?" She asked and Beca nodded.

She made her way to her room and got ready for bed. Before falling asleep she texted Chloe. She then placed her phone on her nightstand before drifting off to sleep.