Falling

*Zosime's POV*

By the end of the day I didn't really make any friends. Melo was in some classes and Melanie was in one. So it wasn't too bad. Just alone at my locker with asshole one and two. I got in the back seat of Melo's car and Gelo got into the passenger side. "So how was the first day?" Gelo asked me as Melo started to drive. I shrugged a bit and nodded. "It was alright," I told him.
"Who messing with you?" Gelo balled his fists up and looked at me with a jokingly mad expression. I shook my head at him and just laughed. "Is it them two fuck heads by your locker??" Melo chimed in.
"A little," I shrugged, looking down a bit.
"What's going on?" Gelo lightened up realizing it was serious.
"Yeah what's up kid?" LaMelo asked.
"They just make fun of my name," I didn't look up.
"Your name?" Melo chuckled, "That's really all they got??"
"What do you mean?" I looked up at him.
"Well they have nothing on you. You're new, beautiful, all they got to make fun of is your name cause they have nothing else on you," Melo explained. I nodded a little bit and shrugged my shoulders. We pulled up to the house and we all got out and went in. We talked to Tina and LaVar for awhile before we all headed up to our rooms. I shut my door and tried to call my mom but she didn't answer. Hmm must be busy. I set my phone on my bed and sat down on the edge. I looked at myself in the mirror. I really don't fit in. This is going to be way harder than I thought...

"Yeah, come in!" Melo called from the other side of the door. I opened it and shut it behind me. I sat down next to him on the bed. "So like," I shrugged a bit, "What will make me fit in?"
What do you mean?" he chuckled a little bit.
"Like to look more, like-"
"American?" he asked. I nodded in agreement. "I mean you look fine," he shrugged, "You're doing fine. I promise."
"Okay," I nodded.
"Why you worried about it? Those boys?" he asked. I looked down but nodded my head a bit. "Hey," he sighed, putting his arm around me, "It's okay. I'll take care of them okay? Don't worry about it. Just be you, please." I nodded and put my head on his chest. He held me there for a second... and in that second it felt like... like I don't even know how to explain it. Like it was the best feeling ever. "If you need anything... just come talk to me okay?" he looked down at me. I nodded and looked at him. Our eyes met and everything stopped. Our eyes were locked. We were locked. He started to lean down and I leaned up. Our faces got close and our eyes started to close but there was a knock on the door. We both pulled away fast and the butterflies in my stomach dropped down to calm again. "Come in!" Melo called. The door opened and it was LaVar. "C'mon we running before it gets dark," he told him. Melo nodded and grabbed a pair of sneakers and put them on. "We will be back soon. Tina is downstairs watching TV if you want to go down with her," LaVar told me, smiling.

"How did you know you were in love with LaVar?" I asked Tina, looking over at her.
"hmm," she hummed while thinking, "How come sweetie?"
"I was just wondering. See I grew up with my parents being forced to marry because of family's you know? We don't really do that much anymore but I was just kinda wondering what it was like with you two," I told her. I was telling the truth but I also wanted to know what the feeling Melo and I had was. "Well," she thought, "It was like... fate. Like we were meant to be. Like seeing him made everything slow down... like things stop when he's around. When it's just us, it feels like nothing in the world is even around just him and I." I nodded and smiled at her. "That's really sweet," I told her. She smiled back at me and nodded her head in agreement.