~heroin song~

"I would die for love, it's nothing to me.
And I could live forever girl, If you never go away
Flying..
She's like heroin and she cries in her sleep,
and she's nothing to me but a savior.
Yeah, I cannot live in the dream."

~~~

"Heroin Song" ~ Jadu Heart

~~~

⚠️trigger warning: self harm⚠️

a/n: sorry this took forever to
come out but my motivation hasn't been there lately 😒 I also have been very busy with irl stuff so hopefully this isn't too bad!

~~~

Violet rested her hand on the door knob that felt cold and unwelcoming. She gave a quick twist and opened the door although she already felt something off. Before the young girl could take one step into the home she was taken back by loud arguing. Normally she would be used to it but this time it was different, it was clear there was a bigger disagreement at hand when she heard her mom screaming aggressively at her father. It sounded quite spiteful and stung the teenagers ears. The hissing continued as Violet made a mental note of the words and decided to sneak up to her room before they could drag her into it.  Violet walked into her home closing the door large door behind her. She slowly took steps forward to the stairs, like she was in a movie. Surrounded by yelling as the old house complimented the entire aesthetic of a disgruntled aroma. Life moved slower as Violet tried tuning it out but the arguing felt more surreal than ever, it hurt. The girl recalled a time in her mind when her parents never argued; there was no mistress or miscarriage, there were only nice vacations and playful fights.

Violet couldn't help but to feel lonely once again, her heart pounded and she saw her surroundings but she didn't feel like she was there. The coolness of the home agreed with the yelling and the warm colors did nothing to combat it. Violet slowly made her way to her room where she threw her backpack down and herself onto her soft bed. Shutting her eyelids tightly she rested on the mattress trying her best to fall asleep.

~~~

Violet was awoken to someone pushing on her shoulder. Her eyes fluttered open and she was greeted with the familiar face of her mother. Vivian gave a small grin to her groggy child. "Violet, Honey." Her mom softly called out. Violets eyes darted around the room to grow accustomed to her surroundings once more. "Mom?" She answered, her voice lingered off. Vivian rested her hand on the bed as Violet  pushed herself farther up onto the bed slouching over still a bit disconnected. "What?" She groggily asked, a bit annoyed she was awoken from her peaceful sleep. "Violet I think it's time I'm honest with you about this." Vivian started. Violet had the urge to interrupt with a snarky comment but she was too tired to say anything. "Your dad and I didn't anticipate how stressful this move would be on all of us and I think it's best you know, we leave for some time."  Violet was jolted awake by her mother's words. A flood of negative thoughts filled her mind violently as she sent a glare straight through her mother's soul. "What? So we move all the way out here to go somewhere else?" Violet harshly reacted almost coiling away. Vivian took a deep breath in and tried reasoning with her daughter, "Violet something happened that I'm not ready to talk about with you but it's best we give your father some time to adjust. He's really been out of it I think, and this would be good for all of us. You don't have to go to school for awhile too, if you come with me. This feels like the safer option." Violet did enjoy the idea of no school but to leave her home, Tate, everything again felt bitter. "No way, what if I don't want to leave? I'm staying here and if you try forcing me to come with you I won't. You can't make me go anywhere. I'm staying here and maybe if you didn't run away from all your problems you and dad wouldn't fight all the time. What did he do this time?!" Violet snapped back yelling at her mother like a rabid dog. Vivian jumped in her spot and recoiled a bit.