Chapter 1

Valdis' POV:
"It's the same as always. I'm sitting in an alleyway patting some cats." I thought. My cat Belle was the only one I had left because I lost my army and my friends. But I didn't think she would live any longer. She wasn't very old, but I had nothing to feed her, and I didn't want her to eat anything I found in the bin.

"What can I do to change everything to the better? What can I do to see my friends again?" I asked myself and looked at Belle. She was purring while I stroked her fur. I've always loved cats, but I loved Belle the most.

Suddenly, a dog ran towards me and started licking my face. "Shu Shu, stop! You can't just lick the face of a stranger." A man said. He had fuchsia hair and he seemed familiar to me. "Sorry. It's been a few days since we last saw someone and he gets excited when he sees another person." The man explained. Belle suddenly hissed at the dog. "I know you don't like dogs, Belle." I said and picked her up, holding her in her arms. "Your cat?" I nodded.

"I once had a best buddy who had a cat named Belle. I don't know what happened to him. His name was Ray. He was the King of Spades in the Black Army. And he looked very similar to you." "And I had a best buddy named Fenrir. He had a dog named Shu Shu and that dog was always excited to see me." The man and I started laughing. "Somehow I feel like I met you somewhere before." He spoke. "I know it's strange because we only just met today. But I really feel like I've known you for a long time."

Edgar's POV:
I was walking aimlessly through the halls of the Magic Tower. It's been weeks since I last left the tower. "Catherine always said the people in the Land of Reason always said everything is possible with magic. But that's not true. We can't turn back time, not even with magic."

The last few weeks were bad for everyone in Cradle since the Jabberwocks took over control. Both armies were destroyed, and the soldiers got separated. I got caught by the disciples and brought to the Magic Tower. I never stopped thinking about a plan to save King Lancelot and myself, but I never came up with one that would work. Before I knew it, I was standing in front of Loki's cell.

"Jack of Hearts, is Harr okay too?" Loki asked and looked at me. The Joker Harr was the magic teacher for the Cheshire Cat, but both got caught. Harr was unconscious like King Lancelot and Loki was locked up in an anti-magic cell.

"I'm not sure. He's been unconscious since the last few weeks. His heart may still be beating but he doesn't seem to wake up." I said. "I wonder what Kyle's doing right now? But I'm sure he's either drinking or working at the bar again." "I thought he was a doctor." Loki mentioned. "He was but he lost motivation to be a doctor and started working at a bar."

It's been a week since I last had to kill someone, and I hoped it would stay that way. The citizens I killed didn't do anything wrong and they didn't deserve death. And it's been more than a month since I last saw anyone else, I knew.

I only heard that Kyle worked at the bar, but I couldn't see him because Amon constantly kept me in here. He even threatened to kill me if I tried to flee. And King Lancelot was locked up in a test tube and unconscious. But where could Jonah or Zero be?

Kyle's POV:
I was walking through the empty streets of Central Quarter not caring where I was going. It was still early and the bar I worked at was closed. So, I didn't have to work yet but I couldn't drink either.

"Should I go looking for someone I know like Jonah did? Or should I stay here? No one can say that I won't go missing like Jonah or the Jack of Spades."

I haven't heard from anyone for a long time. And to make it even worse, I was completely alone. The piglet I raised was killed by Amon's disciples. Goo could have accompanied me.

Even Shine, Lancelot's baby lion, died just like Jonah's hamster. Could everything get even worse than it already was? I kept asking myself the exact same question repeatedly, but I didn't want to know the answer. Things were already bad enough and They shouldn't get worse.

"Maybe I should just go home and get some rest. Walking through these streets is pointless. I'm sick of this life."