Chapter 2

Catherine's POV:
I was walking around the forest trying to look for something to eat. Normally Casimir would look for food but he's busy with something I didn't understand. "Isn't there anything we could eat?" I thought and kept looking around until I heard some voices nearby. The voices were pretty close to me and I hid behind a tree, hoping I wouldn't be found. After a few minutes passed, the voices grew quieter until I couldn't hear them anymore. "I'm sure they were disciples from the Magic Tower."

Slowly and cautiously I left my hiding spot and looked around to see I was all alone. The people I heard a few minutes ago were nowhere to be seen. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. "I'm glad no one found me. But I should head back to Casimir soon." Quickly I grabbed some apples from a nearby tree and headed back to Casimir.

Casimir's POV:
Why was Catherine taking so long? I told her to look for something to eat but she was gone for about 15 minutes now and I was starting to get worried. "What if she was found by disciples?" I asked myself.

"Casimir! I found some apples!" I heard Catherine's voice behind me and turned around to look at her. "I was starting to get worried. Did something happen?" Catherine explained what happened while we ate the apples she found. "So, you heard voices nearby but you saw no one?" "Yeah. But I'm sure they were disciples from the Magic Tower and I'm really glad they didn't notice me." "Maybe we should stay close together from now on. If I ever find Jonah and something happened to you, I will never hear the end of his complains." Catherine started laughing after I finished talking. "You know how he is, Casimir." I couldn't help but start laughing too. At times like this it was great to have some fun every once in a while. All of a sudden I heard a very faint voice.

"Quick! Let's hide inside the cave nearby." As I said that the voice was slowly getting louder. The person was coming towards us. We went into the nearby cave and hid deep in the shadows hoping we wouldn't be found. Just a short moment later I saw a disciple walking past the cave. "I'm sure someone was here just a short while ago." It seemed like the noticed we were there but probably only because they heard us laughing. We stayed quietly inside the cave until I was sure the disciple was gone. I left the cave slowly and looked around. The disciple really was gone and Catherine came out of the cave too. "That was close. We're lucky the disciple didn't find us." But what should we do now, Casimir? What if that disciple comes back?" "As long as we stay quiet, they won't come back." We went back inside the cave and decided to get some sleep because it was getting rather late.

Oliver's POV:
"I just finished one weapon a few minutes ago and they already order me to make another?" Ever since the Magic Tower captured me, I was forced to create weapons for them and I wasn't able to take a single break. "I may be an adult the body I'm cursed to have, is a child. They can't force me to work for days without a break." That's what I thought at first. The disciples allowed me to sleep for a maximum of 4 hours during the night. But even four hours weren't enough. Sooner or later, it would kill me if the torture didn't do that.

I never thought I'd think like that but I was jealous of Blanc. That carrot-loving freak wasn't tortured or captured or something like. He was only locked up in a room and forced to write. He was only forced to write down every second of the Jabberwocks' reign like it was the best thing in Cradle's history.

While I was trying to focus on my work, I could barely keep my eyes open and the barely lit room didn't help with my exhaustion. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.