Chapter 4.- " Bad dream"

Hello everyone, I hope you enjoy this chapter, the story is progressing little by little... Thank you so much💕

In the Byers House, After spending hours on a secret call with Murray (It wasn't a secret for Jonathan, he had realized those calls for days) Joyce had gathered everyone in the room.

“We will return to Hawkins, just for a couple of weeks, I have already arranged things at their school, I reached an agreement with the principal so that I could let them go a little before the break for the Christmas holidays begins, then pack only the important”. Joyce did not expect the reaction of the guys, she looked nervous, apparently in a hurry to go out and smoke.

Eleven and Will were surprised, Will looked happy to be able to return but Eleven couldn't hide her fear ... she wasn't afraid of everything that happened in Hawkins, she was afraid to see Mike, she wasn't ready to see him, the last time they talked, he hurt her too much, he was bad.

As soon as the guys went to his room Jonathan headed towards the garden, he needed to talk to his mother, he knew something was happening.

"Will you tell me what's going on?" Jonathan went straight to the point. "I know Murray called you this morning, I know they've been talking and now …We're just going back to Hawkins, when all this time you didn't want to come back even for a weekend?? Please mom… just trust me”

Joyce took a deep breath with her eyes closed, seemed to be having an internal struggle, until she finally let it out. "It's Hopp ... Murray believes ... he thinks ... it's just a theory and we don't have concrete evidence, but he thinks he may be alive, stuck somewhere, I know it's stupid and makes no sense but ..." . Joyce stopped talking when she felt Jonathan's hands on her hands. “Mom, look at me… at this point nothing surprises me anymore, now I think anything is possible and if there is a small chance that Hopper is alive, we have to find out” . Joyce smiled gratefully. “Thank you honey, we want to return to that place, it will be complicated because everything is highly protected but we must find a way to investigate a little, children should not know anything, especially Eleven, I do not want her to be disappointed and I don't want them to try anything, you already know them, they are all experts in putting themselves in danger… they shouldn't know”

"Holy shit." Dustin had just heard the whole story, everything that had happened these months, they stayed to see after school for anyone to suspect and now they were in Mike's basement. "You really are an amazing actor, you fooled everyone"

"Except you ... When did you start to suspect?". Mike asked

“I would love to tell you that from the beginning but the truth is that I knew a couple of days ago, outside the laboratory, Troy is a jerk but you didn't, you knew that what I had in my hands was just a prototype if you really wanted to destroy my project you knew where to find it and when you attacked me throwing all my things on the floor, I could see it ... the distraction maneuver you used 4 years ago while playing D&D!!, that campaign was very complicated and the fire monster had us cornered so you pretended to be on his side to give us time to escape, that day you died as a hero and we won the campaign”. Dustin stopped when he saw tears running down Mike's cheeks, tried to wipe the tears quickly while apologizing.

"Sorry men, it's just that it was difficult, I felt very alone, I'm so glad that now you know everything, I swear I was about to explode, every day was harder, to know that you all hated me and El ... El! ”. Suddenly he remembered suddenly the reason for telling Dustin everything.