Chapter 12.- A Christmas promise.

Dustin´s House

Joyce and Mrs. Henderson prepared a delicious dinner, the boys prepared the table and soon everyone was sitting enjoying themselves.

Dinner went normally for Dustin's mom , she is the only one who was talking at all times, the others were there physically but their minds were somewhere else impatience felt in the air, everyone wanted dinner to end, everyone seemed to have their motives, but in reality, the reason was the same ... Joyce needed to talk to Jonathan and the boys needed to hear that conversation.

"I remember when my Dusti had his first day of school, he kept crying and ..." "Mom!".

Dustin interrupted. "I love that story but I don't want you to be ashamed in front of my friends, if it doesn't bother you, we would like to retire. I have a new XMEN comic that we really want to read"

Without thinking for a second, Eleven, Will and Dustin ran to the room, Joyce would not normally let Will leave the table but saw the perfect opportunity to escape and be able to tell Jonathan everything Murray told her.

"Claudia I think we'd better retire, it was a very tired day, I help you wash the dishes and then I go to bed".

Mrs. Henderson immediately interrupted her. "No no, there is no way, I take care, go to rest, you are my guests, I really want to do it, go ahead, have a good night"

Joyce didn't have time to argue and she really needed to leave now, so without thinking, she thanked and signaled Jonathan to follow her to her room, she closed the door to avoid being heard but she did not know that on the other side of the telephone line there were 3 teenagers who would listen to everything.

………………………………….

"Holy shit….". Dustin dropped into bed while watching Will's pale face and Eleven's tearful face, the conversation was over, Jonathan had left Joyce's room and now they knew the truth.

"He is, He is ..." . Eleven couldn't even finish that sentence, she was in shock, thick tears fell down her face. “He's alive, he could really be out there, I knew it, what I've been feeling, I knew it was real, if I had my powers, I could find it right now, God! If I had my powers I would have found it for a long time! ”.

"El, please lower your voice." Will tried to calm her down when he saw that she was altering, they couldn't let Joyce know that they had spied on her.

"We must be very careful with what we do, the main objective of my mother and Jonathan is that we do not know anything, it is obvious that they do not want us to take risks, we must wait and ..."

“And you pretend that we remain without doing anything? Are you crazy? " Eleven's anger was felt in his voice, but that wasn't the only thing they noticed, the lamps in the room blinked a little.

"Shit ... That was definitely no accident, these lamps are new".Dustin said surprised.

“El, all this, the lights, the dreams, save Mike, I think your powers are definitely coming back , still there, weak but still within you, I think you just have to find a way to strengthen them again”.