Chapter 17.- "You're out of that cave"

She knew exactly where they were, familiarity hit her the moment she opened her eyes, that damp, dark place where breathing was no longer a simple task, fear and memories sent chills all over her spine .

"Mike ... This place ... is the Upside Down, at least part of it, in the void I can't visualize the whole environment but ... it's the place where I was trapped, where Will was trapped, and if my powers gave me they brought here ... it means that it is also the place where Hopp should be”.

Eleven's voice trembled, she visualized the image of Hopper in her head to try to find it and if that had taken them there could only mean one thing, he was there and that was definitive.

Mike didn't want to waste time, he took Eleven's hand and began to move around the place trying to recognize shapes and objects, among all the darkness the only shapes they could see were those of branches, trees, until Mike froze in place.

"El ... look at that." Mike pointed a small point of light that could be seen in the distance between all the trees, they ran at full speed until they reached the source of that light, it was the cabin, the old home of Eleven , at least remnants of it were shattered, but a small section in which Eleven's room used to be was still standing, and a faint light reflected through a small window. Both were pale at what they saw, Mike took El's hand tightly and turned to look her straight in the eye.

"El ... could be Hopp, if there is light someone must be there". Mike said lowering his voice as much as possible. "We have to get closer" . Mike headed towards that place but Eleven didn't move, her gaze looked scared, she was shaking. "El, what happens? I thought no one could hurt you being here". Mike was trying to understand the situation, they could finally get some of the information they needed and She didn't seem to want to continue.

"Mike ... I'm scared." She threw herself against his chest sobbing. “I can look for people, know where they are physically but… that does not guarantee that they are alive, what happens if… what happens if we enter and is only his body?… What happens if we only find his body!!, I could not stand it". Her tears fell on Mike's shirt, he just hugged her tightly, he needed to find the right words.

“El… listen, I know how difficult it is for you, but at least now you have hope, for you and for us he was dead, we had all accepted his loss, if he is really dead, at least now you will be sure that he is in the sky, in a better place, you can let him rest in peace without having that feeling that prevents you from sleeping at night, you can make a closure and if he is alive, God!! if he is alive then I swear that nothing matters, we will bring him back!! I just ask you to take that jump of faith, take that jump with me please, I know it will be painful but remember what Hopp told you ... the hurt is good, It means you're out of that cave and maybe if we are lucky, everything that happens today will take us out of that cave”.

El sighed, nodding her head, took Mike's hand tightly and let him direct her to the entrance of the cabin, she couldn't help the memories hitting her chest with every step, that now ruined place used to be her home, every movie night, every dinner, every fight, every mischief, the place where she had everything and now she has nothing, she was so immersed in her thoughts that she didn't realize they were in front of the room where the light came from until that Mike's voice brought her back to reality.

"El…Are you ready? ... no matter what happens, you are not alone and you will never be". Eleven nodded and after breathing deeply they entered.