Chapter 15.- "The life she deserves"

Hi guys, this chapter is very small but it has very important information, the dark part of the story begins ...

The sound of some rocks against the window alerted Mike, it was almost midnight, he was not asleep, it is impossible to sleep after knowing that the person he hates most in this world is still alive, Mike had a noble heart, he didn't know hate and he believed that he was not able to hate any person, not even Troy and all the people who have treated him all his life like an insignificant nerd, but with Brenner he knew that horrible feeling when he saw all the damage it was capable of causing, seeing all the pain that caused a good person, gentle and innocent, the girl who was now his girlfriend and for which he would give his life, one more rock hits his window, he quickly runs and opens it.

"Wheeler, I'd appreciate it if you went down before I finished all the rocks in your garden". Kali was impatient.

"Sorry! Just...Just wait a minute, I think my dad is in the living room, he could see me". Mike whispered nervously.

"It's me Wheeler, don't forget ... nobody can see you, trust me".

Mike trusted Kali's words and left his room, indeed Ted was in front of the TV, Mike continued walking, practically passed in front of him and couldn't see him, he didn't even detect that the door opened and Mike left the house, when he finally arrived in front of Kali he saw a drop of blood coming out of her nose. "¿Are you surprised?". She said with a tone of superiority.

"Mmm nah not really... I'm used to being invisible to my dad so ... it doesn't matter, thanks for coming, I really needed to talk to you, to know the whole truth". Mike watched as Kali took a seat under a tree in his garden.

"Are you sure you don't want to enter?" He offered kindly.

"I've spent too much time hidden, I like the fresh air, don't worry, nobody can see us" . Kali patted the grass with her hand inviting Mike to sit beside her.

After a few seconds of silence Mike was the first to speak. "How did you know? ... That Brenner is alive?".

Kali took time to respond, seemed to be processing all the information, seemed to be looking for the right words.

"The last day I saw Jane, she spared the life of a lab bastard, he told us that Brenner was alive, at that time I didn't believe it but ... a few weeks later we were ambushed in our lair, sure he alerted those people, I thought it was some kind of revenge, but they seemed to be looking for something, they searched all the rooms, all our things were on the floor, That night my power was not enough to hide everyone, I had days being sick, I was weak,

I could only hide 3 of my friends, we stood there in silence, watching everyone killed,I had never felt more helpless and cowardly, ... before leaving I heard one of them speak on an intercom, he said ... he said ... "We did not find subject 8 or subject 11" ... at that moment I knew that not only were they looking for me, but also for her".

Kali, silent when he saw Mike's pale face, looked restless, he knew he was about to burst into endless questions.

"You ... you said none of your friends survived, I suppose there was a second attack ... right?" Mike questioned cautiously.

"Yes... for weeks we hid, it was a small cabin on the outskirts of the city, one night, we woke up by the heat of the fire, they burned the place and we were trapped, my powers don't help in this kind of situation, a vision cannot save you from dying burned, nobody could breathe, they waited until we were almost unconscious and entered, they were more than 20 men, they put out the fire in minutes, their intention was not to kill us with that fire... at least not to me, when they entered they shot everyone, one by one they fell, I was too weak because of the lack of air and my visibility was almost nil, my powers did not respond, it was impossible to concentrate, suddenly as if it were a damn nightmare, he came in... " .Kali took a deep breath, the pain that memory caused her was evident.

"He appeared in front of me and the blood froze, my body did not react, he knows me, I hate to admit it but he knows my powers, he knew that for the moment he was safe, that I was too weak to defend myself, he said many things about our past, things that make no sense to tell you because you wouldn't understand, but the important thing is that he asked me for help finding Jane, He said that if I cooperated, things would be better for me, everything was so fast, I don't know if it was fear or anger, but I was filled with power and before they could tie me up I managed to create a vision of mist that allowed me to get out of there, It was only a few minutes but it was long enough to hide ... again that damn bastard was a victim of his own ego, He always thinks he's the smartest person in the room, I underestimate myself and that's how I managed to get out alive that night, the rest you already know, hide me, watch Jane, all of you and wait...". Kali put all his weight on the tree letting out a long sigh, She was finally relieved to have talked to someone, after months of loneliness, she wait patiently for Mike to speak, he was with his head down and could see how he clenched his fists tightly.

"We can't allow it ... he can't reach her, he can't harm her anymore". Mike's voice was shaking.

"No matter the cost, her life is first, promise Kali, promise me, regardless of anything, if in the end we have to decide, her life is first and not just her life, her happiness, I want her to live the life she deserves, the life that was taken from her". Mike's voice was full of fear and fury at the same time.

"Ok Wheeler...It's a promise and I know that promises are important to you, I'm with you...Its just, you know, my soul is lost, full of hate, I have nothing left, Only her, giving her the life she deserves will be my way of overcoming them will be my way of feeling that all this nightmare had some meaning".

"And now, what's next?". Mike asked as he dried his eyes, before Kali realized he was crying.

"You must continue with your plan, it is dangerous very dangerous, but being in that damn dimension is safer than being here, he has an army Wheeler, they are soldiers, the language of some of them is strange, It's definitely not like ours, I couldn't see their faces ... fuck! I don't even know if they are human, in that place we will at least gain time, we can keep her away and if that police of yours is still alive ... he will know what to do, we need all the help possible, what is coming is big, bigger than all of us".

It would be difficult to explain the pact that was sealed that night, two people with only one goal, a pact driven by love for the same person.

Thanks so much for reading! Do not forget to leave all your comments.

I will do my best to update every week, it may be a bit late because of the holidays, I promise not to disappear for a long time, I am determined to finish this story, I never leave anything unfinished.

Much love to all...

Eli  💕💕💕💕💕💕