Chapter 1

Emily's POV

Today was the day. The day my best friend Charley Bagnall was leaving to be successful in his band called "Rixton". We've been best friends for as long as I can remember. We have had sleepovers, movie nights, and we hang out all the time. After college, he made friends with Jake, Danny, and Lewi and they slowly became a band. I watched them grow as a band and they are truly amazing.

There's a catch though. I love Charley. Not only as a best friend, but more. I want to tell him, but I just can't. I wouldn't want to take the risk of ruining such an amazing perfect friendship. I hope we can still keep in touch while he's away.

I get up from bed and get ready to say goodbye to Charley. I hate saying goodbye. Especially to a very important person.

I wore jeans and a white tank top with a long maroon cardigan. I slipped on my combat boots and put my hair up in a messy bun.

Once I finished, I went down stairs to get my purse and waited for the cab to pick me up

*5 minutes later*

Its been 5 minutes and the cab finally came.

"To the airport, please." I asked. The driver nodded. He looked pretty young and was quite attractive.

We finally arrived at the airport. I quickly paid the driver and thanked him.

I immediately spotted Charley and ran up to him and hugged him.

"Charley I can't believe your dream is finally coming true!"

" I know right! The boys and I worked so hard and we finally made it." He said. I was happy for him really, but he's leaving and he comes back in 3 years. They want to get famous in America first and then hopefully get noticed in the UK.

"Flight to Los Angeles is leaving in 5 minutes." the intercom said.

"I'll see you soon, Emily. Call me everyday." he said while he kissed my forehead.

"Bye Charley." I said. He gave me one last smile and walked away with Jake, Lewi, and Charley.

Charley's POV

Emily, Emily, Emily.

All I can think about. Leaving your best friend is like losing half of yourself.

I have mixed feeling about Emily, though. She's so understanding and is my best friend, but I also kind of like her. Like is an understatement. I think I might love her.

Yes I know, If I tell her then it'll ruin our friendship. If we get together and then break up well, things will get awkward and we won't be as close anymore.

"You ready, mate?" Jake asked as we were about to board the plane.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I can't wait to get into America." I said. Jake nodded in agreement.

We walked into the plane and sat by each other. America, here we come.

Sorry it's short. It'll be better next time.

{Edited}