one shot n° 1 - ♡ jake

okay so this is the first of four one shots based on random songs I selected by putting my playlist on shuffle. This was the first one, so have fun reading this garbage.

"Do you or don't you want me to love you?" - Helter Skelter ♡ The Beatles

want me to love you?" - Helter Skelter ♡ The Beatles

She was absolutely the worst.
The way she looked, and talked, and acted.
But she was out of my league.
She drove me insane. I needed her, and I thought she felt the same way about me.
She was pretty flirty, and everytime I would try to make a move, she shut me down.
She was hell in the best way possible.

She sat down on a sofa while I played around on my guitar, humming along. I could listen to her all day if I could. She was the closest to perfect I had ever seen.
"Little Wing?" She asked, causing me to mess up. She giggled when I did, making me blush.
"Um yeah." I indifferently stated, beginning to play again. I heard her shoes click against the floor, feeling her walk toward me.
"My dad used to play that for me when I was little." She smiled, sitting directly in front of me and my guitar, looking up.
Her eyes were the kind that people write songs about. The kind you cannget lost in if you aren't careful.
"Do you play?" I asked, trying to cut through the tension she gave off.
"Only a little." She chuckled. "My dad taught me. He wanted me to make a living out of it or something."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah."
"Do you wanna..." I asked, holding the instrument out to her.
"Sure." She smiled. Her smile was like pure joy. I can't exactly describe the feelings it gave me, but it was a mix between awe and happiness.
She sat up a little, positioning the guitar across her lap.
"So," she began, strumming the strings one time, "what do you want to hear?"
I couldn't think, so I blurted out the first song that popped into my head.
"Wonderwall."
Wonderwall? Had I really just asked her to play Wonderwall?
She laughed and told me that it was a good joke.
"No really, what?" She giggled.
"I don't really care, whatever you want." My palms were sweaty now.
She nodded and began to play Something by the Beatles.
Did she mean to? Was there something she was trying to tell me? Was it just a coincidence?
Her eyes told me it was no coincidence.
"Its beautiful." I breathed out, "like you."
Her strumming abrubtly stopped. I tried to read her. Did I just make the stupidest mistake, trying to be smooth?
"Thanks..." she stated, handing me back my guitar and standing up to leave.
"Wait." I said as I grabbed her wrist, tighter than I meant. She winced slightly before looking my arm up to my face.
"Do you even-" I began, getting quieter as I stared deeply into her eyes.
"Do I what?" She confusedly asked me, furrowing her brows.
I let go of her and sighed, running a hand through my hair as I turned away.
"What do you want from me?"
"Pardon?"
"Do you or don't you want me to love you?"
"I don't underst-" she started, looking shocked.
"You play these mind games with me, flirting and then throwing me to the curb. And it didn't help when you pulled that stunt in Vale." I argued, reffering to a small kiss we shared while staying in Colorado.
"I think I made my intentions clear in Vale, Jacob."
She was raising her voice at me, obviously irritated.
"No, you didn't." I hissed back. "What do you want from me? Because I think I'm going insane."
She angrily grabbed her jacket off of the sofa.
"Nothing, Jake." She hissed. "Vale was a mistake."
"Yeah, I see that now." I retorted, sitting back down by my guitar.
"Goodbye, Jake." She yelled, flipping me off as she left the room.
I loved her and hated her so much, I *was* going insane.

yum (kinda) angst. idk this was fun to write.