♡ josh ♡

don't judge me I wrote this at 1 am in a cold sweat hehehe :,)

Josh ran his hand through your hair as you laid next to him. His touch change you goosebumps and sent a shiver down your spine. His fingers softly contacting the back of your neck were light and airy. Almost ethereal.

"Good morning, sunshine." You stretched, turning into his chest.
He hummed a response, smiling.

"Thank god you're finally awake," he teased you and your chronic habit of oversleeping, "I've been waiting for about two hours."

"Shut up." You laughed, burying your face deeper into the crevice of his neck.

"But seriously I need to get out of bed," he sighed, sitting up, and slowly standing out of bed, before adding, "do you want me to start coffee or anything?"

"Oh yes." You smiled, sitting up, propping your elbows on your knees.

"Even though it might be dangerous to drink coffee this late in the day..." he yelled, jokingly as he made his way to the kitchen, "you might never get to sleep tonight."

You rolled your eyes and hopped out of bed to do your morning routine. After washing your face and brushing your teeth, you emerged from the bathroom to find Josh sitting on a barstool at the kitchen counter over scattered papers and a now empty coffee mug.

After preparing your own cup, you decided to make yourself comfortable on a beanbag by the window, overlooking the foggy and wet streets below. You didn't want to bother Josh- you knew he was working. But you needed to think about things. Lots of things. Lots of important things.
Some of which Josh was first and foremost.

It's not that you were annoyed with him or didn't like him- you loved Josh. For the first time in your life you could confidently say that you truly loved someone... but, Josh.
He was a wonderful, colorful, breed of his own, and you didn't know how ready he was to really commit to you.
You had been dating for three years now, two of which you had lived together, but every time you or someone else would bring up anything serious, say marriage, was uncomfortable for him for some reason.
Was Josh scared of commitment? No. At least, you don't think he is.
You take another sip of your coffee, studying intensely the traffic below.
Maybe he was. But you couldn't ask.
That's something you just don't ask someone. How would it look, you two dating for nearly 3 1/2 years, and you dropping a bomb like "Hey, I don't think this is going anywhere!" It would make Josh think you wanted to break up or were bored with him. It's not as if-

"Are you okay?" You heard Josh ask, breaking your thoughts and no longer sitting at the counter, but at the sofa, looking up from a book he was reading, "you've been sitting there for almost two hours just staring out the window."

You looked at the clock over the sofa. It was noon. Shit.

"Yeah, no I'm fine, honey." You explained, rubbing your eye with the back of your hand, "I just didn't want to disturb your writing."

He raised an eyebrow of disbelief at you, "Are you sure?"

"Yes." You assured, "I'm fine."

He sighed and stretched, standing from the couch, and placing his book down.

"Okay well, we need a couple things from the grocery store." He grabbed the car keys from a small ceramic bowl on an end-table, "do you want to come with me?"

"If it's alright, I think I'll stay here."

"Suit yourself. Don't daze out too much without me." He quipped as he exited the apartment.

You smiled to yourself. He was almost to perfect. And his absence also gave you a window of opportunity. You knew when you would do it- when he got back. Josh was generally a quick shopper when it came to groceries. You guessed he'd be out about 45 minutes.

You were going to do it.

You were gonna propose to Josh. You knew it's what you wanted. It just felt like your entire existence and being was complete and made sense with Josh.

His personality meshed so well with yours, his likes were your likes, as were his dislikes. You had loved Josh your whole life it seemed, even before you knew him. You loved his spirit. It was pure and good and happy.
He truly cared about others over himself. He stood up for things he knew were right-

"Forgot my wallet." You heard as the door opened and Josh came in again.

Should you wait until he gets back? Are you rushing things? Are you being too forward?
Or was his return a sign from above? Probably not, but to hell with conventional standards of romance. You wanted to propose to Josh, and you were damn sure going to do it.

"Wait, Joshua." You exclaimed, getting up from your beanbag as a fast as you could, and running after him into the bedroom.

"Jesus, I could have sworn I left it under..." he trailed off as he searched through drawers and pant pockets.

"Josh."

"Maybe it's in the-"

"Josh."

"Nope... unless it's in the-"

"Joshua!"

"What is it?" He asked, almost annoyed.

"I want to ask you something."

"Alright...what?"

You sat on the edge of the bed.

"I would prefer it if you sat, please."

"You would prefer it? Babe I don't want to hit traffic, how long is this going to take?"

"When was the last time I sat you down to tell you something?"

He paused a moment before rolling his eyes and sitting next to you reluctantly.

"Alright what is it?" He sighed.

You slid your hand in his, partially for your own support. He squeezed it softly, rubbing his thumb over the back of it.

"So," you began, still staring at his hand, "We've known each other for a while now."

"Yes?"

"And I think I've fallen in love with you, Joshua Kiszka."

"And I with you, my love. But what does this have to do with anyth-"

"Oh my god. Screw it," you huffed, baffled by his obliviousness and looking directly in his eyes stated bluntly, "Marry me, you idiot."

You felt his hand squeeze yours tighter, and his eyes began to well up.

"Wait- You- I- We?" He stammered, "Why?"

"Because I love you." You whispered, leaning into him.

"I can't believe you wou-"

"Answer the question, Josh." You interrupted, "Will you?"

"Oh my god," he smiled as wide as you'd ever seen, "Of course. Oh my god, yes."

He leaned in, grabbing each side of your face, met your lips with the most loving and warm kiss you had ever experienced.

bruh the twins really do be turning another year older today... the fucking audacity.
But seriously it's twiN DAY BROTHERSS!!!1!1
Let's hope they get mega drunk and we get new content; but until then here's some complimentary Jake fer ya. 🙃

 🙃