Śeven: Edward

Stefan parked his car in front of Caroline's house. He insisted on dropping Rose home. It was late.

What a gentleman!!

"You know, Stef, you are my favourite Salvatore." she teased him as she clearly observed hundreds of expressions flickering across her face. Again the girl had made a friend unknowingly.

"Yeah!! You don't know Damon though." he said grimly.

"I know. But the way we first met,  I am sure I won't ever grow to like that blood sucking wanker." She said scrunching my nose.

Stephan chuckled. "You may have forgot but so am I"

"Nonsense" she waved him off.

They walked  towards the house.

"That's a fancy car.", Stephan said pointing towards another car parked outside caroline's house. 

She gaped at the beauty of the automobile

She gaped at the beauty of the automobile.  Personally she had no interest in cars but this one was really good. Beauty deserves appreciation.

That aroused suspicion in her mind. She recalled as Sam said he had a surprise for her. But this handsome guy definitely was rich. She looked at Stephan who was too busy admiring it and then she again looked back at the car.

What if it's that monster? That monster whom she wanted to kill since that day.

"Let's go inside." She said preparing myself for whatever it was. 

Stefan tore his gaze away from the car as she moved forward.

The door creaked when it opened.
And they heard voices.
"How does she look?" Said the voice that definitely belonged to that handsome guy.

"She is on her way to the house." Liz answer patiently.

"You should atleast have a photograph. She must be very beautiful." he again said.

Rose froze. The man knew me. The feeling that made her run years ago, the emotions  that she felt at the sight of my dying father, the pain she felt standing alone in the alley and at the sight of the suited men made her heart race.

She looked towards Stefan, who motioned her to calm down. Must have heard her heart beat

"I am here." he whispered and squeezed and her palm lightly.

They moved forward. Acting normal she called out casually, "I am home." and closed the door for evidence.

As they entered, all eyes darted towards them including his. I looked at Liz, who was smiling and Caroline who was grinning lovingly and then her eyes met his. She looked in those eyes who were so similar to mine green ones. A grin spread on her face.

She felt her legs would lose control. Her heart rate fastened and soft tears swelled in her eyes. And all the speeches which she once prepared went in vain as only one word came out of her mouth.

"Edward" she stared loving at the boy who returned the same gesture.
"Rosie"
He grinned. She could clearly see, his eyes were wet too.

Visions are different from reality. The reality could be tampered with not the visions.

She heard, Liz say "Lovely", Caroline squealing and Stefan chuckling. He must have understood seeing the resemblance. She couldn't hear more. She flung herself across her brother. Tears still pouring out of her eyes. She had no words for her happiness.

"Oh God!! You are all grown up. I missed you so much." She stepped away but her fingers still caressed his cheeks.

"We missed so much." he corrected. "I was so excited to meet you and I believed somewhere in my heart that we will definitely meet. And when we will, we would share the parts of our lives that the other one has lost." he said with love and care, she craved for every day.

"Well!!" Caroline cleared her throat. "I want the whole story." she grinned.

"Hate to interrupt this moment." Stefan said looking anywhere but at me. "Me too!" he grinned.

》▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎¤M¤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎《

After some time they were in Rose's bedroom sipping coffee as she  spilled her side of story and Edward his side. She intertwined her fingers across his. The same fingers that slipped away from hers years ago.

"We looked around you frantically. Mum was so scared. For few years, she was all confident and strong but one day she lost all her hope when we got to know, the police found a body of a girl around our age at that time.

When she returned home that night. She was in mourning clothes, her body cold and dripping. Later I got to know she celebrated your funeral and sought you a grave near home. We cried all day and the next day and the very next one.

Few years later we got news that you were spotted near the highway of Lupin valley. We searched thoroughly in the neighbouring towns but no luck.

Now a month back, Mum was in Mystic Falls and she must have seen you. Not to hope highly, she ran a few investigations and here I am, just for you Rosie." he said.

She couldn't keep myself from smiling. There were no tears nothing. She was happy and she must celebrate it for once.

Stefan sensed the sensitivity of the moment. He dragged Caroline out of the room muttering, "For God's grace, give them some space Care."

When they left, Edward kept his head on his sister's lap and fixed his green eyes towards her.

"Like old times" he said.

"Like old times." She whispered back.

They shared a laugh. They both wanted to share so much. They both wanted to tell each other how much they missed each other over and over again.

"Let's go out for a walk." She said excitedly.

They both grabbed their respective jackets and went outside. Evening walks in Mystic Falls was one thing that she  loved.

"You must know about the... the visions, right? See, I don't wanna hurry. I just want answer because—" she started softly. She knew sooner or later they were going to have this conversation. 

"You could feel the powers growing." he completed.

"I could feel some force binding them."

She looked at him searching for something ... anything, may be she just wanted to know how the situation was. She knew that he had answers.

"I am sorry, but you gotta believe me." Edward looked in her eyes, held her shoulders and gently squeezed them.

He took out a paper from his pocket, pointed at it.

"Ed, what's th-" she began.

"Shhhh!!" he said. Looking around carefully, he kept the paper on her palm.

"Read it after I am gone. Alone." he mouthed again.

"Dont trust people whom you dont know. Just an advice from brother to baby sister." he said with a smile. That smile she could fight for. That is the smile, maybe many girls will fight for now. After all, my baby brother is all grown up.

"Maybe I can't even trust the people I think I know." She said for some reason, she didn't know. She said it because her instincts wanted.

Edward walks away giving her a smile that understood what she said and revealed he believed the same.

》▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎¤M¤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎《

Maybe Love is the answer...
But is she capable of it?