Ńine: Țhe Áttacks

The next morning Rose woke up early. She was tired but she didn't care. She wanted to prepare herself. Whatever Ed did, he did betray her. She wanted the answers from these people whom she almost prayed to be alive and now that they are, they better have answers.
"Good Morning Liz", she fake cheered.

Liz exchanged a look with Caroline. Caroline was too looked stressed. These days Caroline's relationship with her mom was strained. Now it was normal for Caroline to be always unhappy with her mom. After all being a town's sheriff was a stressful job. Like last week, there was party and Care wanted Liz to hang around. The moment Liz reached, she got a call that someone was murdered, she had to run right back. Caroline was really angry. Anyone would suggest her to understand but Rose understood as it really sucks when your own parents aren't there when you want them to be. Though Rose knew, that Elizabeth Forbes was one lady working day and night for welfare for other and also trying her best to keep up with her daughter.

Rose looked at Liz again "Is there a problem? Is everything alright?"

Liz just passed a bunch of newspapers towards her. She analyzed the dates. They were the newspapers since last five-six days.

"There have been numerous animal attacks. I wanted to have a talk with you girls. But I never had time." her voice clearly stated she was worried and guilty for the last part.

"Yeah" Caroline scoffed at the last part.

"Care" Rose scolded her. She looked at Liz  "Well! You have time now."

"These attacks they have everything in common. Bite marks near neck, bodies drained of blood. Its weird. It ought to be work of some wild beast. For now I just want more than anything is safety of my girls."

Rose turned the pages of the newspapers. She still wasn't used to be called as a part of their small family.  The newspapers showed pictures of the attacks. She still remember Damon sucking blood from that woman's neck that night. She thought she knew something about these attacks.

"Where is today's newspaper?" She asked confused.

"In the dustbin." Caroline said looking away.

"Why?"

I could hear Caroline's soft sobs, even if her face was not clearly visible.

"Matt's sister... Vic... Vicki went missing.... most probably dead." she cried harder.

Matt... the sweet boy. His parents abandoned him. Poor bloke. He tried to take care of his sister really well. Rose knew Elena's little brother, Jeremy liked Vicki. She also wondered about Tyler.

"Vicki was pretty disturbed since last few days. Our team had been searching her but she made random appearances."

"I think we should go." Rose said looking at Liz and Caroline.

"I can't" Caroline left the room. She was disturbed.

"I'll go get ready. He needs friends." Rose said and left the table too.

Damon you are dead.

She canceled the plan to meet Edward. She texted him the situation and her mind was still on these creepy attacks. She wore a simple black dress. She got ready and came outside and saw Edward in the house talking with Liz.

"I would like to help in any way possible  Ma'am "

"Call me Liz. I know you do but there isn't anything you can really do, son"

They stopped talking as soon as they heard her coming.

"I'll take her at Matt's." He stated but his tone was polite.