Ťwelve: Another Face

Sometimes people get used to their self so much that they forget the way the world functions. Increase in number of supernaturals around her had comforted Rosaleen so much that she forgot that they dont normally exist. Now her biggest concern had come true. Caroline knew that she was not normal or she was not human.

"Caroline I–"

"I saw you inside. What was it? You are a witch."

"Witch is a menial word to use for my sister." It was Edward standing at some distance from them. He came towards them. "I felt the anger in your voice. I came... just in case." He said looking towards his sister.

Edward took the situation in his hands and told Caroline about Rose being a sorceress. Not the who history... just some extent of her powers.

"That's cool. Thank you for supporting me." Caroline hugged Rose. Rose was relieved she took the news in a positive manner.

"Since is all this happening?" Rose asked pointing towards her neck.

"Since this year's cheerleading event. He used me as his personal blood bank. He compelled me to the founder's day party. He wanted something from lockwood  mansion. I was scared because mom saw me there. I wanted you to come but you refused. Elena got to know and she told Stefan—"

"Wait! Stefan knew. He–" Rose wanted to beat the crap out of Stefan. He knew, Elena knew. Why didn't they tell her?

"Let her complete" Edward scolded his sister.

"Stefan locked Damon in the basement of Salvatore boarding house. You remember when I hosted sexy studs carwash for charity. I was not under compulsion but Damon used up his mental connection and called in that basement, fed on me. He would have killed me if it wasn't for Zach Salvatore. He died in the process as Damon fed on him instead. I ran. I ran as fast as I could and escaped him."

"What about the bite mark, I saw. It seemed fresh." Rose asked a bit confused.

"He fed on me more in frustration. Now he wants that necklace."

"He fed on you in frustration. He toyed with you. He's dead." Rose said and  turned to go back inside the boarding house. Edward held her by her arm.

"Calm down. Calm down. I have to say I am a bit jealous." He said looking at Caroline.

"Jealous?" Caroline asked him confused.

"My sister whom I met years later is pampering you more than me. She calls you her sister. I feel like I am orphaned again." He said making a sad face.

Rose who was angry with Damon laughed at his brother's melodramatic face. Caroline side hugged Rose saying, "She does love me more than you."

"On the very note. Let's go home."

Edward dragged both the girls away from the Salvatore boarding house.

Though Rose was not satisfied with the fact that Caroline was still in the Salvatore business, she wanted to wait for the night. She had also understood that Damon was not something that Stefan could handle. Caroline was at the grill whole day preparing for the stupid party. Rose was quite sure that everything would work out well tonight. There was no need for any drama.

In the evening, she tagged along Edward for the party who was quite sceptical. He didn't want to attend any party. He wanted to stay home and spend time with his sister. He fought till the very last moment.

When they reached the party, they were very late because of still unconvinced Edward. When Rose entered she saw Liz with her officers coming inside the Grill. Rose's eyes searched for Caroline whom she saw wasted while Matt carried her. She reached for Edward's hand and dragged him towards the couple.