FIFTEEN: Nik...

Rosaleen groaned while standing in the longest line ever of her life. Edward had ditched her as he had some plan for them so he had literally forced her to go and get some stupid form. She tried so much to oppose but finally gave up. She was wearing heels along with a light coloured dress and it really sucked to stand and that too for something so stupid.

When her chance came she literally snatched the form from the woman on the counter who gave her a weired look. But Rose glared back and stormed away. She went and sat on the steps of the huge amphitheatre and looked around. It felt good to be in Chicago and that too with family.

She thought about the advice that Caroline gave her. She knew that she has distanced herself from almost everyone because of all the circumstances but now it's time to break the walls and actually interact with people around. Also she had to sharpen her magic. Being a Soceress came with lots of responsibility because of the huge amount of power she bears. She knew how to control it but she couldn't afford another outburst.

She looked at that form and thought to fill it. Searching in her pocketed dress for any existence of some pen, she groaned and looked around. I really suck at arranging things. She saw a man at a distance busy in conversation and had some pen in his shirt pocket. He wouldn't mind lending it for a while would he. She went and tapped on the man's shoulder politely. The man turned with questioning eyes.

"Would you lend me the pen? I have to fill this form and unfortunately don't have one to fill it"

The man eyed her from top to bottom with lustful eyes. Rosaleen scrunched her nose at his menial attempt. She was going to react when a firm voice came. "Bad manners, Billy." A man in his early twenties stood behind that creepy man. Must be the one he was in conversation with. British accent. Rose moved to get full view of his face. Curled dirty-blond hair and dark blue eyes that contrasts with his pearl-white skin. He was a well built man with some warrior like physique yet his face balanced masculinity with some delicacy. A smirk plastered on his face. "If a lady wishes for the pen then she must have it." The man, Billy immediately took out the pen and handled it to her and walked off in some other direction.

Rosaleen looked back that mysterious man who still stood with that same smirk plastered on his face and stared at her. "Hello, love"

"I could have handled him." Rosaleen pointed at the walking Billy and continued to fill the form and also ignored the intamacy in his voice.
"Trust me. No one could handle them better than me, love." When he did not get any response, he continued, " So you are a student here?"

A question worth answering

"Not exactly. I am here for mid term course. You are her for?"

"Something similar. But my purpose is more personal. School is not my stuff."

"Rosaleen" Rose offered her hand for a handshake. He took it with delight and kissed it. "Nik-"

"Rosaleen!!" Edward called her as he moved towards her.

Rose quickly removed her hand from Nik's  grasp. And looked almost alarmed at her brother's arrival. But rather chose to act normally. There was no reason to do opposite.
"Oh Edward." Was all that came out of her mouth. She regained her composure.

"Nik meet Edward, my brother."
She shook hands but Edward glared at him.

"I see you made a friend." Edward met his eyes with hers for a short while and smiled. "But I am afraid we got to go Nik. You know family businesses."

"Oh believe me. I know quite a lot about it." He smirked at Edward. "It was nice to meet you, Rosaleen." He took her hand with ease and kissed it and left with Rosaleen's mind replaying that infamous smirk again and again and then again.